• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ext. ADSL Modem w/RJ-45

I need to get an ext. DSL modem
    must have RJ45 to plug into my router/gateway - so no USB modems
    any recommendations or warnings?

Let me know if you find one. Mine has an RJ11 connector (USB), so I can't use a router. I did some searching myself, a couple months back, and came up empty. I tried all the usual suspects online and offline, as well a few out of the way places. Most only carried dial-up modems, a few carried cable modems, but I couldn't find a single DSL modem.

Good luck on your search
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

You might try searching for the brands - Alcatel, Speedstream, and Westell.
      I believe they have modems which meet those specifications.

Keep us posted, as I hope to be in search of similar equipment by the end of the next year:thumb:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

GVC and DLink both make one
        the GVC goes for about $195cdn & the DLink is about $260cdn
        both are available in the Toronto area

I went with the GVC I'll have it & 3 phone line filters by tomorrow, although I probably won't have my DSL service until next month.

I'm just glad DSL finally became available where I live - a couple of ISP's are offering 1.2 & 1.5Mbps at a pretty good rate especially if you've got you own modem :D:D

Comment

All the modem's here use RJ-45 connections. This is a resource I use while on the phone at work. Can you guess which ISP I work for and what I do there?

edit: I forgot the link. Here it is, 2 weeks later.

www.error629.com

Comment

Working...
          X