how to make a crossplatforum network.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make a crossplatforum network.

I have a performa 575 macintosh computer.

I would like to make a network between my intel celeron 633 pc computer.

Using both the computer's modems. I am hooked to the internet means by a homenetwork I would like to us the crossplatforum network to connect my mac to the internet. Is this possible?

From what I have read I need a program called pcmaclan. Is there another place I could download this besides the company's website?

If anyone has any information how I can do this please help.

i dont know much about apples, as (no offense) they suck ass. but i think you can get a network card for it maybe?? the only thing i can think of is with a tcp/ip network between your two machines, and internet connection sharing running on your pc. that will share the modem with the mac, provided you can run tcp/ip. hope this helps, as the last apple i worked on was a macintosh (the ones with the shared monitor/floppy disk (whats a cdrom??)) :D:D:wave:
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard
      i dont know much about apples, as (no offense) they suck ass. but i think you can get a network card for it maybe?? the only thing i can think of is with a tcp/ip network between your two machines, and internet connection sharing running on your pc. that will share the modem with the mac, provided you can run tcp/ip. hope this helps, as the last apple i worked on was a macintosh (the ones with the shared monitor/floppy disk (whats a cdrom??)) :D:D:wave:
      Every Mac since the early Performa's should have a NIC integrated on the motherboard, he might have to D/L the TCP/IP protocol for the MAC depending on the O/S he's running. It shouldn't be too complicated, just a matter of using the PC as the internet gateway or perhaps investing in a cheap router of some sort..

Comment

i knew you could plug 2 of them together and have a simple appletalk network, but i wasnt sure if you could bind tcp/ip with those nics. best of luck to ya!:thumb:
        [space saving sig]
        AMD 0wn3z j00!
        [/space saving sig]

Comment

Working...
        X