Wireless Bridge between Router & Wireless Print Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Bridge between Router & Wireless Print Server

I have a Netgear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router and a Netgear 54 Mbps WGPS606 Wireless Print Server.

I am having trouble maintaining a good internet signal, as neighbors have signals that appear to be stronger than mine, even in my house. I tried an additional external antenna, which didn't help.

I want to upgrade my router to an "N" router, in an effort to boost signal strength, and maintain a better connection. I understand that if I do not have an "N" card in all my computers, which I do not, the speed will not increase on those without it.

My biggest concern is the wireless bridge currently in place between my router and print server. Although the internet signal to all my computers, come through my router, my notebooks print wirelessly through the print server, and the hard wired desktops print wirelessly by way of the wireless bridge between the router and the print server.

My question is as follows: If I replace the current router with an "N" router, will the router still communicate with the print server, and what if my wireless router happens to be made by a different manufacturer?

I need to be clear on this before I can move forward. Any assistance would be greatly apprciated and please give me some recommended products if you have a good one in mind.

Thank You!

Joan
Working...
X