No announcement yet.

What remote program do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can control any windows pc using netmeeting - works really well - already installed on win2k /xp (its what xp uses for remote desktop)
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldar
      you can control any windows pc using netmeeting - works really well - already installed on win2k /xp (its what xp uses for remote desktop)
      Yeah but if i remember correctly netmeeting keeps asking the host user [the person on the PC being controlled] whether they want to allow you to do anything you try to do..

I like the web based client for remote desktop in XP, its the coolest. Security wise its stupid though... :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD

Yeah but if i remember correctly netmeeting keeps asking the host user [the person on the PC being controlled] whether they want to allow you to do anything you try to do..

I like the web based client for remote desktop in XP, its the coolest. Security wise its stupid though... :eek:
        if you have a domain controller on your network, netmeeting works great, as long as the person trying to access the other machine is an admin on it, set it to make and recieve secure calls only, and you dont have to ask for permission to use the desktop, its what i use at home and at work, and i love it!!
        [space saving sig]
        AMD 0wn3z j00!
        [/space saving sig]

Comment

Re: What remote program do you use?

I am using Remote Access solution called "RemotePC" (http://www.ibackup.com/remote_access/)
          It is very easy and simple to use. It offers security and is very cost effective.
          It allows you to access your Internet enabled home or office computer from a remote computer with Internet access anywhere in the world and run applications and other programs, read emails, access your data files and even transfer files between your computer and the remote computer.
          They have a free trial version, so you can test it and then buy it if it suits your needs.

Regards
          Brad

Comment

Working...
          X