No announcement yet.

DSL Connection Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for software, the "AnalogX Proxy" freeware software off tucows does a reasonable job, I have used it when the XP ICS is being a *****. It works well but its only problem is that you have to configure all email accounts inside the proxy software as well as on the clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy

Why go to all the effort?
      I'm just getting myself one of <a href="http://www.netgear.com.au/product_view.asp?xrp=4&yrp=12&zrp=93" target="_blank">these</a>...
      i don't need one of them, i got one of These :p :D
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy

i don't need one of them, i got one of These :p :D
        I'm with ya there the RT314 is better

Comment

True, it's a lot better.. but the one I'm getting does everything I want it to, with at least a $100 saving.... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
            I have a question. We just got ADSL installed and it's working fine. However on our network, I can't seem to download email messages through Outlook Express and some sites don't seem to load on client PCs, although on the server they load fine. I'm using Windows XP ICS, does anyone have any suggestions for other programs I could use to share the Internet and cure these problems?

I've already tried WinRoute Lite.

Ive heard that adsl comunicates with different packet sizes then the standard network, and that you need to change your internal network to be running the same size packets the adsl

Comment

I believe that happens in the ADSL modem, doesn't it? People shouldn't need to play around with packet sizes...

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                People shouldn't need to play around with packet sizes...
                You're right about that. But most DSL modem's don't do anything with the actual IP packets. ALthough, on the machines connecting to the DSL, it may help to work with the MTU and the TTL.

Comment

maybe i missed it but what modem do u have? why not just plug it straight into the uplink port of a switch? otherwise id suggest saving cash on routers and install on a small box IPCop or Smoothwall...or if u want a full webserver E-Smith which is Apache, mailserver everything is up and running straight out of the box...
                  At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Linksys DSL Router + 4 Port Switch

Linksys DSL Router + 8 Port Switch

Linksys make some pretty good stuff...might wanna check them out :)
                    We use Linksys stuff at work :thumb:

I'll be getting the 4 Port in a few weeks when I get my ADSL connected :afro:

Comment

Working...
                    X