Can't view all jpegs in IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't view all jpegs in IE

i've checked my settings in Internet Explorer and they are set correctly, and i have checked the encoding for IE, and have read some articles with like problems, but nothing seems to make a difference.

i can see some jpeg images on a web site, and others all i get is the little white box with the red x inside of it. if i right click and try to view the image nothing happens.

i was thinking maybe it was one of the settings in one of my other programs; spyguard, avg, sygate, but can't find any such setting that one would think would do this.

any suggestions, all appreciated. this one has me stumped.
    River~

Re: Can't view all jpegs in IE

System specs? Connection? IE Version? Anything you want to tell us?

Comment

Windows XP Pro/SP2, Comcast broadband, IE 6.0.

Comment

Checking whether or not it works with another machine on the same connection might be an idea, which would indicate a bad connection, but I doubt that's the issue at all...

As for IE settings, try setting everything to the default (click "restore default" where applicable).

CWshredder and HijackThis (both should be in my sig, google otherwise) are two tools I would suggest you use for checking spyware. They work quite differently from the traditional search-and-fix program like Ad-Aware and Spybot.

You can also try Windows Update to see if there's some fix for this. I haven't experienced anything like this, but then I rarely use IE and never use SP2 (on my own machines, that is).

Comment

i've ran hijackthis, cwshredder, the microsoft anti spyware, and others along with the ones i mentioned, but this isn't a spyware/adware/malware problem.

i know that it is a setting change some where, and still feel like it is a setting in avg or sygate or possibly another program that is preventing these smaller jpegs from showing up.

will try default settings in IE, but don't think this is the problem, as i also run secondary browser, Opera, and same thing there.

it's not SP2 either, the jpegs showed earlier in the month and i had SP2 on way before that.

puzzling??

Comment

If they aren't showing up in Opera and SP2 isn't causing it, then yeah, it's very puzzling. Like I said, it could be on odd problem with your actual connection, but that's really unlikely and it would likely manifest itself in more ways than not showing some pictures on web sites.

What are your system specifications (processor, RAM, motherboard, etc.)?

Comment

which sites are you having problems with, specifically?

Comment

yawgm0th,

naw, not the connection, i've got pristine broadband, pulling killer speeds and packets and pings are great. had the cable for several years now, so know it's not that.

tuxfreak,

almost every page that has jpeg photo images on it, usually the smaller pictures are the ones not showing up. go here and see:

by the way, this is a killer home page, you should check it out. then once there, go to the right hand side column and choose any of those stories for the day, they all have small jpeg images, none show up for me.

www.refdesk.com

Comment

then you have a security setting somwhere that is preventing images from being displayed online

Comment

yep, that's what i've been thinking, as stated in my earlier post, but i have gone over them a couple dozen times and have yet to find the culprit, but will keep looking.

thanxz all

River~guess i'll go looking again and

Comment

Originally posted by RiverWars
                      i've checked my settings in Internet Explorer and they are set correctly, and i have checked the encoding for IE, and have read some articles with like problems, but nothing seems to make a difference.

i can see some jpeg images on a web site, and others all i get is the little white box with the red x inside of it. if i right click and try to view the image nothing happens.

i was thinking maybe it was one of the settings in one of my other programs; spyguard, avg, sygate, but can't find any such setting that one would think would do this.

any suggestions, all appreciated. this one has me stumped.
                      River~
                      Yo, I just had the same problem just after install Norton Security Firewall that's how I came to this site but I solve the problem five minutes later
                      when I decided to disable the Norton Firewall and it worked. I hope that
                      will help you.

Peace,
                      mostha

Comment

Working...
                      X