netgear wireless...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• netgear wireless...

i did as instructed (installed software, then shut down and install adapter), everything was fine until I was asked if I wanted to disable the microsoft configuration manager and use the netgear smart utility for better use of the adapter. I answered yes and was prompted to send an error report or not. a minute later i got a blue screen entailing:
    BAD_POOL_HEADER

if this is the 1st time seeing this reboot system(which it automatically did)
    if it happens again then check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed (it was), then it suggests if it's a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates(i have not done)
    if problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software(i did both). Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart and select safe mode.

gives me technical info:
    0x00000019 (0x00000020,0x828ACF50,0x828ACF60,0x1A020001)

i tried reinstalling this equipment and the tecn info changes but just the second two sets within the parenthesis.

what is this menacing crap?

anyone?

Help?

intel pentium 4 2ghz 512ram 60gig harddrive windows xp w/service pk 1 and 2
    Last edited by netticp; 10-23-2004, 12:14 PM. Reason: changing title

Re: netgear wireless...

What you seem to have is more commonly knowk as "the blue screen of death". The code you entered is incomprehensible as it means nothing (not even to Microsoft engineers). What it means is that you have a hardware conflict that Windows cannot handle but will reboot your system to try and make sense of it all. If it can't it will tend to bring the same "Blue screen" back again. try uninstalling the Netgear drivers, software etc and see what happens. Good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
    X