No announcement yet.

I'm so CONFUSED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you trying uninstalling all network componets, rebooting and letting them install again?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

With the Win9x/ME OSes it usually makes more sense (and takes less time) to reinstall...... providing it isn't a 486 LOL
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
        Have you trying uninstalling all network componets, rebooting and letting them install again?
        Several times. :(
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Looks like you are looking at a format then.
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

/me holds hands out :(

ok albi, give me that slapping
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

You did not mention that it was winipcfg that was causing the error Darth !

I now definatly think that a OS reinstall is necessary... don't worry, 98se is painless... if you kept all your cd's and other installers... heh...

Comment

Or pop Windows XP on...
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Well damn. I was really not wanting to have to reinstall the OS. Since it is a computer that I am borrowing until I get one of my own, there is data on there that I'll have to find a means to back up.

And WinXP isn't even an option since it's a work machine. It's a miracle that I even have Win98 on there since most of our machines are still using Win95. :(

Oh well. I just put in a request for a new P4 Dell machine, so we'll see if it flies. If so, then it will come pre-loaded with XP and the IT folks can KMA.
                  My Toys

Comment

I am sure the US government can afford it... :D
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

/me holds hands out

ok albi, give me that slapping

OK, here it is :hammer:

I am sure the US government can afford it... :D

Not too sure about that..... considering that the U.S. is spending several trillions of $$$ on defence, leaves no $$$ for computers methinks :(

Comment

Actually, I don't work for the US Government, but a County agency. But of course, that makes it even more difficult. Ever tried getting water from a rock? If you succeeded, then you had an easy task in comparison.
                        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                          Actually, I don't work for the US Government, but a County agency.

Is the police service funded by the local county Darth? In Australia the police force is funded at a state level :?:

Comment

hrrrmm..... i've had the same problem for around 6 months with my laptop and my school's wireless network. Did everything possible: reinstall, changed cards etc (just short of reinstall OS). Then last month, the school replaces all the wireless hubs and cards with a newer model and suddenly everythings works (the IT center later admitted that the old ones weren't working properly).

anyway.... have you checked this out with your Admin and are you sure that it is a client side problem? Are there anybody else with the problem or are you the only one?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus

Is the police service funded by the local county Darth? In Australia the police force is funded at a state level :?:
                              If I am correct (at least it would apply in Australia) - If the police service is funded by the local county, it would be funded by the government in any case ultimately?
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

have you checked this out with your Admin and are you sure that it is a client side problem? Are there anybody else with the problem or are you the only one?
                                I was working side by side with him when we were messing around with this problem and he is just as confused as I am. As far as I know, I am the only machine that is having this problem, and we have a lot of desktops and laptops hooked into the system. And it almost certainly has to be a system problem and not a network problem since I am hooked into a setup that consists of two switches and a hub... all of which sits about four feet from my desk.

Is the police service funded by the local county Darth? In Australia the police force is funded at a state level
                                In the States, law enforcement agencies are broken up into many different levels. The US has it's own agencies, but this consists mainly of the FBI and the CIA (secret squirrel ****). There are numerous others as well, but they deal with larger stuff on a national level for the most part.

Next in line is out different state agencies. Either calling themselves State Troopers or something similar, they are largely responsible for traffic enforcement in large highways. They also do a lot of drug interdiction since a lot of drug smugglers use the highways for their transportation routes.

I fall into the next category, that of a Deputy Sheriff. These are more localized law enforcement agencies that handle pretty much all facets of law enforcement on a county level. We work a lot with our local city agency to make sure that we keep our town as safe as possible.

Which brings us to the City Police. They are nearly identical in function to us, but their jurisdiction ends at the city limits.

So now you have a basic understanding as to how our law enforcement agencies are put together. Though we are different entities and are funded through entirely different channels, we still will work together to make sure that we can provide as safe a place to live as possible.
                                My Toys

Comment

Working...
                                X