dsl disconnets on XP Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsl disconnets on XP Pro

My brother uses a cable modem, whenever his connection haven't recived any data for 30 min it disconnects the internet.

The only way to get it online again is by doing a reboot. Any ideas as I'm typing this over the same connection on my comp but without this problem..?

So if he starts a big file transfer over several hours it won't disconnect him due to his download traffic. It must be releated to his computer. /THX

Forget it, it just happened to my comp as well. It must be his isp..

Comment

Might not be. I remember when I had dial-up on XP (went from 98 to XP, this is one of the few "surprises" I got with it), its default settings were to disconnect after 15 min. of no traffic (annoying as hell). Well, after being disconnected from Rogue Spear (back in the day when 56k could play online games) for the tenth time or so, I went searching through the options and found it. If you click on your connection properties, there should be an option somewhere that says "disconnect if idle for" and then there is a drop down menu. Select "never" and you should be golden. : peace2: and Happy Holidays, Mista K6

Comment

Ill assume youve tried to reset the modem, etc

Comment

yeah, it now disconnects even though theres traffic.

Da** crap ISP can't deliver dsl properly to this location, this is in the middle of the bush and maybe the lines is to weak.. But then why offer their services.. :mad:

Comment

Working...
          X