Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help setting up a home network

Hello,

I have two computers, a desktop and a notebook, both have Windows XP Professional, and I want to set up a small home network for file and internet connection sharing.

The notebook belongs to my office, and is set up as part of a domain, so I want to set up my home network without changing the network settings on the notebook.

The desktop is connected to the internet through an external cable modem that is plugged into a network adapter. The desktop computer has a second network card, which I connected to an 8 port hub.

Then I also connected the notebook to the hub, shared some directories in both PCs, but I can't see any of them from the other computer.

What can I do to make this work?

Im pretty sure that youre having problems because the notebook is a part of domain.
    Usually the home network thats created in the wizard sets up a workgroup.
    The laptop will try to log into the domain, but since there isnt one, it fails and doesnt look for a workgroup.
    I would consult your administrator at work about how to set it up, as he would know the best. anyone messing with the settings might screw something up that you admin setup on purpose. :(

Comment

Working...
    X