Which is the Best Router?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the Best Router?

Hey guys! Is there anyone here knows of which is the best router i can get for USB ADSL?

I know that DRAYTEK is good i even i suggest it to the other post i replied, but what i'm looking for is some sort of reviews. So if you know any, thanks in advance.!!!!

Router for USB ADSL? No.

Comment

Yah, co'z my ADSL comes with a USB Modem. So i need a ADSL Router that supports USB

Comment

most bb modems have options for both ethernet and usb. if you have an rj45 port it will make this much easier

Comment

Who is you ISP? Don't tell me SBCyahoo...(If it is, your modem probably looks like a stingray, I bet)

And who is the maker and model of your modem?

Chez

Comment

Originally posted by crazysniper22
            Yah, co'z my ADSL comes with a USB Modem. So i need a ADSL Router that supports USB
            What I was getting at is that there are no routers (that I'm aware of) that support USB modems. Like the other guys are suggesting, check and see if you modem also supports Ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chezman29
              Who is you ISP? Don't tell me SBCyahoo...(If it is, your modem probably looks like a stingray, I bet)

And who is the maker and model of your modem?

Chez
              My ISP is BT Broadband, and the Modem they sent me is the green flat fish looking thingy. It was made by Alcatel.

The modem they sent is absolutely similar to this one
              here http://www.tagware.co.uk/USB_Firewall.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                What I was getting at is that there are no routers (that I'm aware of) that support USB modems. Like the other guys are suggesting, check and see if you modem also supports Ethernet.
                Nope! your wrong! there is a Router that supprt a USB Modem.

http://www.tagware.co.uk/USB_Firewall.htm

Draytek Vigor 2200 USB supports it. But so far this is the only i have seen, thats why I'm asking if is there any other router manufacturers that support it other Draytek.

Comment

i got hold of a Alcatel modem; it had a ethernet cable going into a converter which changed it from cat5 to USB. i managed to change the DSL modem into a router through some tinkerin around.

maybe if you got a converter somehow?

Comment

Working...
                  X