Constant Dialup Disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant Dialup Disconnects

Okies tonight I keep gettin disconnected, whenever I put 100% use on my dialup connection. Im also only connecting at 31.2 or 33.6, compared to normally 45.2 Ive tried removing modem etc, other phone jacks/cables. Also, I pretty much know how decent Im going to perform based on my ISP's IP's and im getting IP's that I know to be good, and consistent. So is it me, or like I think, my ISP?

Hmm, it's been a while since I've been on dial up, but I feel your pain. I could never get a decent speed and was lucky to get 28.8 connections.

For me it came down to lousy phone lines. It wasn't my ISP or my modem, just old, noisey , congested phone lines.

Try some of the tools at Broadband Reports and see if there are any problems with your Telco.

Comment

When ya pick up the phone on the line that ya use for ya dailup do ya get a static/crackle sound from it? :?:

Comment

Whatever was wrong (ISP) has been fixed now :cheers:

Comment

Damn, its not the ISP. Im gettin this in my Event Veiwer everytime i get a disonnect

Comment

Anyone:shrug:

Comment

Well,

Found this after doing a search for your error.

CAUSE This error message is caused by an error condition in a COM+ component that is related to Microsoft Windows Messenger and Microsoft MSN Messenger.
              RESOLUTION To resolve this issue, upgrade to Windows Messenger 4.6 or later or MSN Messenger 4.6 or later. For the original Message go the Microsoft knowlage Base look upn Article -319590. here's the link http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;319590
              Not sure if it's the exact same error as you are having though....the link does lead to an MS KB article on Event Error ID 4354 though..

Someone else suggested it had to do with NVidia's NView and the error went away after they disabled it.

Post again if this doesn't help.

Comment

No go :mad:

Comment

What happens if you connect from another computer?

Comment

Well I cant connect with a different PC here,but IVe tried all the phone jacks and other cables. My nextdoor neighbor is connecting at the regular 45.2k without a problem

Comment

Forgot to mention Ive tried my modem in all PCI slots and another modem

Comment

I'm assuming you have tried a different dial up number??

Comment

Cant try different dialup number. My ISP only has one. After all, I know its not my ISP, i contacted them

Comment

Well it appears that the Event Viewer Error is not the problem. It's just telling you something tried to connect to the internet but was unable to. Which makes sense if you keep getting disconnected.

Are you running a firewall?? Have you tried to disable it just for testing?

I still say it could be a Telco problem. Line noise or too much traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                              I know its not my ISP, i contacted them
                              Just cos they said it wasn't them, doesn't mean it's true. Like I asked before, try it from a different computer (same phone connection though) and see what happens. It should sort out whether it's a software thing or a hardware problem somewhere. Perhaps you could try borrow a laptop from someone?

Comment

Working...
                              X