problem with network adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with network adapters

Visiting now and then CONTROL PANEL/SYSTEM/HARDWARE/DEVICE MANAGER, today I noticed an interrogation yelow mark in NETWORK ADAPTERS/Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter. The advise is: this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (code 31). Using the troubleshoot I am told to unninstal and reinstal the device, but the system dosn't allow me to do it because «may be needed for booting». Tried to update the driver; rollback, etc. with no success. Anybody knows how to solve the problem? Many thanks

Boot into safe mode and then try to unistall it. Should be F5/F8 on boot to get the menu to boot to safe mode.

Comment

Hey; What would happen if you pulled the adapter out. turned on the comp. Shut it down. Then reinstalled the adapter and then turn it on again. Couldn't you then be able to load the drivers? I guess I am asking a question and not really answering yours. Sorry, but since I often act before I think; I probably would have tried that.

Comment

i have 2 nics in my comp,networked with my laptop...cause of dsl...for some reason ,,,1 of my nics in my comp wont work....its installed..the lights on the nic arent even on.is it dead???? its installed and shows its working....:shrug:

Comment

Re: problem with network adapters

when i first built my system and installed win/vista i did not see this adapter then i found it with an exclamation i believed i had a trojon and someone created thier own network on my system i uninstalled it and it rebooted and it was back but funtioning fine after reseaching it came with an update from microsoft it is a software network even though it does have a driver not a hardware network. and when are they gona fix vista
          man the problems like xp when it first came out nothen compatable.

Comment

Re: problem with network adapters

umm ... welcome to the forums! Just a hint for posting success: Please use some form of sentence structure and puntuation if you want others to understand you. Your method works alright for chatting with your buddies on MSN, AOL, and ICQ and I do the same when chatting in a rush. You may also want to check thread dates. The thread you choose to reply to is very old.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
            X