No announcement yet.

who can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion... if you are serious about this, but don't know how to do it, then find a friend or something who knows about this kind of stuff. While we try our best to give help here, nothing beats talking to someone who knows in real life. Setting up this kind of gear isn't really something that someone with limited networking knowledge should be attempting. All sorts of niggling little problems can crop up, and without the knowledge or experience in this kind of thing, you'll be on here forever and a day trying to figure out, while we'll be sitting here unable to do anything..

Again, that's just my personal opinion.. the other guys around here are nicer than me, so you could have better luck with them.

Comment

ut oh... you should see what types off connections are in your area...only you can find out..... (some people are stuck with 56k). I think alot of people are turning away from this thread because you won't answer the questions above.

What connnection do you have now?
      What (if any) hardware do you have now?
      What do you plan on doing with all 12 pc's?

Comment

Ok
        If you Have a broadband connection,DSL or any highspeed (cable)
        You need U.S. Dollars
        1 router 5 or 4 port about $50- $100 for a cheap one with firewall.
        2 five port Hubs about $20 - $50 for cheap ones 12 NIC cards 10/100mb or just 10mbp cheap ones about $5-$40
        14 straight through Cat 5 cables. $?
        Should work fine. Unless I missed something.
        Make sure all your cables are long enough.

Comment

Working...
        X