Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout

I've got a problem with a PC I'm putting together for a buddy of mine. I've upgraded the mobo, cpu, and ram. It's got an ACorp 7KT333, AMD XP 1800+ CPU, and the same kinda ram as I have in my machine. The HD is an older WDC 13GB drive. The problem is that it doesn't always boot up. It will power on and the cpu and case fans spin and lights come on but there's no video, the HD doesn't spin up, and there's no system beep. I replaced the power supply with an Antec 330W power supply thinking it might help, but it didn't. Any ideas?

Bustout

i have seen many machines do this before, it seems to be something to do with the power supply, several ways we have fixed it, one was to buy a higher-rated quality power supply, another way was to add a UPS to the equation (cleaned up the power source to PSU). using different power point in the house even fixed one..
    we also replaced some motherboards as they appeared to be faulty regardless what we did

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
      sKuLLsHoT[/size]]
      i have seen many machines do this before, it seems to be something to do with the power supply, several ways we have fixed it, one was to buy a higher-rated quality power supply, another way was to add a UPS to the equation (cleaned up the power source to PSU). using different power point in the house even fixed one..
      we also replaced some motherboards as they appeared to be faulty regardless what we did
      Pretty much my bet as as well but on a few occassions bad or incompatible memory I've found will also cause pretty much the same symtoms. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

really, havent had that myself.. (always try diff memory out)

but when it was this does the faulty memory trigger and m/b error sounds or warnings?

Comment

Well, it looks like it was the Mobo after all. I plugged a fan into one of the onboard fan hookups. It didn't spin up. I plugged it into one of the other ones and it did spin up. I'm sending the board back to be replaced.

Bustout

Comment

Working...
          X