Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering

Hey everyone. First time poster here on the Tweaktown forums. This specific issue I've searched everywhere on the Internet for, but cannot find anything that relates to me.

I'm having difficulty with a computer I recently built. I'm having a significant mouse skip/jump and audio stutter while I'm performing basic tasks. It's quite irritating, considering my knowledge with Windows based PCs. I've never been this frustrated with a custom build before.

Specs are 6600k, Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming6, 16GB DDR4, 980ti, 2x 1TB Hard Drives, 60GB Patriot Pyro SE, and a TP-Link N600 wireless adapter (PCI-E). Running Windows 7 x64. I'm using Intel Smart Response, which basically creates a cache RAID partition between the hard drive with the operating system installed on it and the SSD.

I have connected to this PC a Logitech G602 mouse, and a Logitech K270 keyboard. Both have different USB transceivers. I have a USB Bluetooth adapter connected as a dedicated link to my Dualshock 3 controller, using SCP drivers. I also have a USB cable connected to my CyberPower UPS (to enable battery-based shutdown). I have two ASUS VG248QE (1080p, 144hz) monitors, one connected through a DVI-D cable (@144hz), the other HDMI (@60hz).

All my drivers are up to date. I've slipstreamed services, cut unneeded processes, disabled scheduling that isn't necessary, optimized power settings, optimized NVIDIA settings, and I'm sure more that I'm forgetting.

My DPC latency is normal. I've had the test running for the past 20 minutes. Highest interrupt 190.29 us, highest ISR 126.77 us, highest DPC 159.21 us. My QueryPerformanceFrequency is 24Mhz, which is as high as it can possibly be.

With all this said, I'm still having these stuttering issues and it's really getting to me. I've gone so far as to relocate my Wireless adapter to the bottom most slot - thinking it was interference between the card and my mouse/keyboard/BT adapters. No change.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with Intel Smart Response, it's my first time using the technology, and from what I gather it isn't the most developed thing Intel has made.

Anyhow, maybe someone here can shine some light on the problem, maybe even point me in a direction that I haven't been down yet. All input is appreciated, there are no stupid questions or observations.

Cheers!
Working...
X