unmountable boot volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unmountable boot volume

can any body help me please every time I restart I get a massage (unmountable boot volume)which stops me booting up have to keep pressing reset till it get past it .

Argh, I got that error too when I was at a LAN (about a month ago) I fiddled with it a bit but in the end I just ripped my hard drive out, stuck it in another computer, copied my stuff off and reformatted (maybe if I didnt have that luxury I would've tried to fix it...)
    hehe, anyway you could try booting off your XP CD (into recovery console etc), or maybe "Repair" the install.

Comment

I tryed deleating the partition reformatting it and reinstaling xp and I get this before xp started for the first time,Eventuly it gets to a screen where it lets me start from last know good config ,then it restarts gets to the unmountable sceen again,gos round like this till eventuly it boots to desktop.once Ihave started its great runs fine.
      OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
      Version 5.1.2600 Build 2600
      OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
      System Name HOME-9PV1WQHSGO
      System Manufacturer SiS
      System Model 730S
      System Type X86-based PC
      Processor x86 Family 6 Model 3 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~797 Mhz
      BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 062710, 15/07/1997
      SMBIOS Version 2.3
      Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
      System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
      Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
      Locale United States
      Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.0 (xpclient.010817-1148)"
      User Name HOME-9PV1WQHSGO\Steph
      Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
      Total Physical Memory 256.00 MB
      Available Physical Memory 97.88 MB
      Total Virtual Memory 873.42 MB
      Available Virtual Memory 583.78 MB
      Page File Space 617.94 MB
      Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Comment

I was reading your hard drive stuff and noticed about the master drive being on the end of the cable and the slave in the middle,I switched it over and I have booted up at least 15 times now with out any probs ,:cheers:

Comment

I'm glad that ya found ya prob and yes it is pretty crucial how you setup the IDE channels but anyhow have fun with it. :devil:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
          X