New Custom build issues. i7-2600k + GTX580 + ASRock Z68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Custom build issues. i7-2600k + GTX580 + ASRock Z68

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums and I've been having issues with my new build.

First of all, my new build consists of:

CPU: i7-2600K 3.4GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) 1.45v

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s

GPU: PNY XLR8 VCGGTX580XPB-LC-CPU GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91

I was able to install all this but had big issues with my motherboard reading all 4 sticks of ram. I was able to use 3 at first. My motherboard automatically changed the timings to 1600 instead of leaving them at the stock 1866. I changed it to 1333 because the motherboard would still fail to start with a debug code of 45. At the 1333 setting I was able to boot up with no issues.

So now I got my machine to start functioning, which lead to my next problem. Once I play a high intense game, such as BF3 at max settings, the monitor I have (HP2009m) starts to buzz and the screen looks like it has waves coming down from the top.

I noticed when the GPU is being stressed out, the monitor starts to get this way. I also did a Windows Experience Index test; and when the GPU would run the 3D settings the same issue occurred.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: New Custom build issues. i7-2600k + GTX580 + ASRock Z68

From the sound of this, it could be your graphics card going bad, could be a bad power supply(not being able to supply the power the GPU needs), or at the worst it could be down to the motherboard. I would try the ram in another computer(that's can run DDR3 in 1866 and see if memtest86+ gives any errors, since you said you could only run the four sticks in 1333). Then I would try replacing the gpu, those lines sound to be either video problems or it may be a bad power supply. Then the last thing I would try is to try getting a replacement of the motherboard or try a different brand to see if anything is different.

Comment

Working...
    X