Locked out of Hard Drive after Win7 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out of Hard Drive after Win7 Upgrade

Having a major issue after upgrading from Windows Vista Ultimate 64 to Win7 Ultimate 64. I had permissions set on a drive of mine only to allow administrative access through my administrator account in windows. I had the permissions set so this drive could not be viewed by any other users.

The drive reads just fine in disk management, it can read the total drive size but it doesn't show both partitions on the disk. I have it formatted as NTFS with a 20gb TrueCrypt partition segregated from the rest of the drive. The partitioning is not showing up in disk management though. The disk is reading healthy and active as well.

When I access the drive, it says X: drive not accessible, Access is denied.

Is this a partitioning issue? Do I need to rebuild partitions? Or is this a permissions issue? If so, how would I strip the previous permissions?

Re: Locked out of Hard Drive after Win7 Upgrade

Also the data on this drive is EXTREMELY sensitive and MUST be recovered. A reformat is not an option for me here.

Comment

Re: Locked out of Hard Drive after Win7 Upgrade

What is unavailable to you, the 20GB encrypted partition?

If so have you setup TrueCrypt again yet? If not try that and use the same password

If that does not work, and it is the encrypted partition you may not be able to get any of it back.

Comment

Working...
      X