Kingston memory issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston memory issues

Can anyone suggest some good software to check for memory errors?

I reciently got another stick 256MB Kingston DDR to add to my existing 256MB of Crucial memory.
    Now i get random lockups in games (GTA3) and IE6 crashes much more frequently.

The board is a MSI K7-Master. I never had any such issues before the RAM upgrade, but i considered Kingston to be high quality RAM.

Could this be possibly cause by some BIOS setting?

Thanks

i use a program called microscope from micro2000. it seems to be very good, has detected all faults so far, its not free though, so good luck getting it

Comment

It's never a good idea to mix memory but run Memtest86 on both and the Kingston alone and see what happens. ;)

Are you running this overclocked? :?:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Birdkiller
        i use a program called microscope from micro2000. it seems to be very good, has detected all faults so far, its not free though, so good luck getting it
        Yikes! It runs about US$500
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

yeah its expensive, but thats what the boss is for, we have had it detect 100% of faulty memory and has never had false reports, plus it also tests every other part of yer system, mainly good for testing video memory

Comment

The system is not overclocked. But after some testing i replaced the kingston stick and all seems fine now.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Try running Prime95 for several days.

Comment

Working...
              X