No announcement yet.

Philips Brilliance 107P Monitor Probs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips Brilliance 107P Monitor Probs...

it seems that when the screen is filled with mostly black it makes this buzzing sound...sometimes even happens with dark colours...when loading a new page of these forums & its got that bluey/purple colour makes it buzz..ive got a dark background and if i minimize all programs it'll start buzzing but if i maximize those programs back it stops...ive tried changing the Refresh Rate & Res but no go...does anybody know what the prob may be?

Edit: i paid $580 for this for a quality monitor, BUZZZZZ :cry:...also ive tried installing this nVIDIA Refresh Rate patch which did jack all...
    At the request of wiggo ;)

/me thinks you got a dodgey monitor

hjave you tried degausing it(i'm pretty sure you have, but i have to ask anyway)?
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

i think i MAY have found the prob...i think it might have been something interfering coz i moved the monitor to test it on another comp in the house, it didn't do the buzzing...so i moved my box down to the monitor & tried it down there...no buzzing, moved the speakers to see if they were interfering, nope, still no buzzing, i moved the monitor back to the study & the buzzing seems to have stopped, ARGH, something must have been interfering but now ive moved everything away from the monitor, well as far as possible neway...hopefully it won't start again...

btw, degausing? *blink blink* :confused:

Edit: ****! it isn't fixed, it just started buzzing again :( :cry: ill try setting up my comp in another room for a fair while to see if it starts again...any more suggestions would be good..

Comment

Is there a chance you had the monitor plugged into a circuit which was also powering a thyristor/rheostat controlled device.
        (such as a light with a dimmer switch, ceiling fan, etc.)
        That can cause such noise, in that case a line conditioner can help.

Degause; Over time a monitor will build up a permanent
        magnetic field which will cause it to look fuzzy.
        In your monitor controls somewhere you can most likely find a degause option. This to oversimplify things, "resets" the monitor so to speak.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

well mr c expalined it, and i'll *hopefully* show you how to do it:

on my monitor's osd there is a lil pic of a horse shoe magnet with a line through it. on the family computer's monitor, it has a lightning zig zagy sort of shape, i'm not sure about yours, if you can't find it, ask silencer, he would probably know, after al;l, he does have the same monitor
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

ahh yeah that thing, yup ive tried that..

btw, if i turn off the comp & leave it for a while then come back & turn it on it doesn't happen...it must have to warm up or something...coz after a while it'll start again....i think something may possibly be loose, like a fan or something...well im gonna try & get it either fixed or under warrenty...

Comment

What resolution and refresh rate are you using when the buzzing starts?

Try lowering it to about 1024x768. Your monitor should do 85+hz easy...which is flicker free as well.
              See if it makes the buzzing then.

If it does, then the monitor is prolly borked, or your vid card is having trouble pushing such a high resolution. (thats a long shot that one, but worth investigating)

Comment

yeah ive tried going down in res's...atm its running in 75hz at 1280x1024...i tried goin down to 1024x768 but still no luck...i tried installing the nVIDIA Refresh Rate patch...that did no good...so it has to be a faulty monitor...thanx for the suggestions..

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
                  ...i think something may possibly be loose, like a fan or something...
                  A FAN? IN A MONITOR?!?!!

show me :geek:

err, i think with my monitor (hyundai) it only did the same noise for me when i had the res+refresh's at non-standard settings, ie. not the presets...

other thing i could think of is that its a CRT monitor, and i don't know how many TVs u've seen, but way back when they were all the rage, a 15 year old TV would start making a buzzing noise and thats when you knew it was time to start shopping, because pretty soon, it'll be funny colours and then smoke...game over...

oh yeah and sometimes it pays to use a "third party" degauss utility, like a degaussing rod that TV/Monitor Techs use to rejouivinate those older CRT boxes..

Comment

Is there any .inf file for that monitor?

I looked around one on the Phillips site, but no luck.
                    If they construct monitors like they build websites - I'd say you're toast. ......just my 2 cents

Shame it is, when a big company like that can't get a useful site:?:
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

my 107p10 works a charm no buzzage etc vbut u do have to make sure u put the VGA cable around the correct way or you get a dodgey image...

check ur spoeakers they are **** grim, also check the walls, you kay have high current 240v power cables running up the wall behind where your monitor is and they may just be poorly sheilded
                      SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                      Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

nah ive tried moving it to another room, like in the middle of the room & it still made the sound...

btw, don't they have fans..something equvilant to one newayz???

Comment

Live near an industrial complex?
                          Being plugged into the same circuit as a light with a dimmer switch can cause buzzing as well.

Comment

nah he lives near the mish... must be all those pov ****s using their fluro lights to grow pot in their rooves nearby... take it to a different house man, if it stops doing it there, MOVE... LOL
                            SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                            Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Originally posted by SileNceR
                              nah he lives near the mish... must be all those pov ****s using their fluro lights to grow pot in their rooves nearby... take it to a different house man, if it stops doing it there, MOVE... LOL

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: yeah...it goes my house, a park then the mish, so im in a bad place...borderline of the mish...luckily im not on the otherside of the border tho :)

Comment

Working...
                              X