Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips Brilliance 107P Monitor Probs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROFLMAO @ Monitor with fan in it!!!

A CRT monitor, has no fan in it, if there is any motion noise you think you hear its high-voltage electricity moving through a large coil at the rear of the CRT tube, there are light rays that are shot from the rear of the tube that are deflected by a magnetic field (controlled y the picture control circuit) and this causes the light to hit the phosper mask on the face of the screen, which separates "pixels" and reacts with the light....theres way more to a monitor, but as u can see, there is no fan involved in the circuit, hence som people's odd need for a "Monitor Cooler"

Comment

still outskirt mish, bring it round tomorrow and see if it still does it; remember i've never had mine at ur place so u can't be sure
      SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
      Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

explain why my old monitor did it, but when u brought ya monitor to my place it didn't SNR?

it is definately a monitor fault and not an environment issue, and i will go with the suggestion that you send it back now, before it goes poof!

edit: just memorise where all your icons are on ya desktop and where all the menu options in ya favourite games are before detaching the monitor, coz u don't wanna have to go without a computer for too long..!

Comment

hehe, nah ill just have to go back to my old 14" :(...the couriers r comin to pick it up 2morrow & scorptec r gonna check it out...but whats the bet when they go to test it the ***** won't make the noise!!! just my luck!
          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

try smacking it real hard
            that fixed my monitor, a few of the schools TV's etc.
            TT Original

Comment

if olies method doesn't work first go, u may need a little more force as the earth's natural magnetic fields may be disrupting your effective impact from your hand due to the recen't (near)contact with magnetic strips on a credit card, if this is the case, you will need a hammer with which you can then effectively hit the monitor, that should fix it...it worked for me on some TVs at school and some monitors too - I never liked schoool much anyhow...

if all that fails it may possibly be caused by an excessive static buildup on the lower quality CRT that is used in the monitor, if so, then you will need to remove the backing from the monitor(remember to disconnect the power :no: ) and proceed to lick the rear of the picture tube this should clear the static from the surface...

:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by skullshot
                if olies method doesn't work first go, u may need a little more force as the earth's natural magnetic fields may be disrupting your effective impact from your hand due to the recen't (near)contact with magnetic strips on a credit card, if this is the case, you will need a hammer with which you can then effectively hit the monitor, that should fix it...it worked for me on some TVs at school and some monitors too - I never liked schoool much anyhow...

if all that fails it may possibly be caused by an excessive static buildup on the lower quality CRT that is used in the monitor, if so, then you will need to remove the backing from the monitor(remember to disconnect the power :no: ) and proceed to lick the rear of the picture tube this should clear the static from the surface...

:thumb:

TweakTown takes no responsibility for the above advice. :D:D:D
                What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

But it's certain to get a result. ;) :laugh:
                  <center></center>

Comment

Of course licking the back of the CRT is always most effective if done immediately after consuming vodka, or some other suitable "solvent". This would make it dual purpose - in that you would also be removing all the built up dust as well as the static charge.

Additionally you should not be wearing any static conducive clothing ie. wool socks, velvet undies, etc.
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Some good nylons should be helpful though. :D
                      <center></center>

Comment

DO NOT DO AN OLIE!!!!

"now did i unplug it or not? one way to find out!" ZAP!!!!!!!

'F************************************************ **Ck!!!!!!!!!!

*power go's out
                        *olie is jittery for the rest of the day
                        TT Original

Comment

ROFLMAO!! j00 f00's..
                          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

muahaha, i laff at myself too

Comment

Hey, may i suggest you take a look at what your vid card is feeding the tube. It could just be non std refresh or res.
                              Onyx

TweakTown
                              OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                              CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

yeah yeah, get ur vga cable and um... stick it in yer eye.. if ur eye buzzes or fries then its ur vid card!
                                SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                                Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Working...
                                X