No announcement yet.

my monitor is broken for the second time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that's part of the trade off in buying a cheap monitor.
    Lower quality components fail more quikly/often.
    And warrenty does not include return shipping:mad:

Since you say you don't know what you are looking at inside, close it up, and replace it / or pay a local repair shop for repairs!
    The transformer/capasitors in your monitor are dangorous EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED painful, even FATAL shocks can occur for days or weeks after unplugging.

Comment

Ya gotta watch ebay, and be patient and consistant. You need to know how ebay works, and be able to determine which sellers are safe to buy from.

Need I remind "Cord" that I was the finder of the auction that got him his monitor, not only that, I reminded him 3 times to be there for the end of the auction, it wasn't until the monitor was on his desk that he realized how good of a deal it was... :laugh:

That was last December. I got mine in November, and I found a lady selling two of them earlier last fall in Sept. for a different friend who got them both for 275$ shipped each. (I'm a big fan of samsung monitors)

If you need a top notch monitor NOW, get on ebay and pick a Trinitron Model you like. Watch them for a week, you will find one going in your price range. Be there for the last minutes of the auction and SNIPE IT! Samsungs are more rare, and so you have to watch quite a bit longer to get the deal you want (2-3 months+)

Sniping is more of a skill than most would think... lot of variables involved, it just takes practice and experience.

Comment

Sound advice there T-Shirt, a monitor can whoop you real bad. Be doggone careful if you just for some reason think you need to be there:no:

And to zeradul, I just love eBay!
        If you use the tools that eBay provides combined with patience it is absolutely amazing what deals you can get.
        I bought a monitor there a few years back, to date it is still the largest purchase I've made there. I was holding my breath till it was delivered.
        But I had the good fortune to have the right seller with the right product at the right time.

It's an ADI Duo -- probably been awhile since you heard of 1 of those huh? :laugh: But I really like it, it's the perfect monitor for me and my workstation.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Ebay has been good to me since I sold a Sony PS2 for $500 there. That was when the PS2 just debuted, the craze was at it's peak, Christmas was on its way.

Comment

i paid 49.99 for my 19 inch Viewsonic and it works great...it was brandnew too, not even taken out of its case..baught it off some website..real sweet deal...got free shipping too.

Comment

That sounds really fishy leo...

hey HBIDAD...

Don't ya wish you were there for this one??? :eek: :eek:

I usually prefer new items in this price range, but I would have bought from him I think, perfect feedback... And the price !! :eek:

Comment

OMG....

This one ended the SAME day... worse feedback (8?!) higher price, WTF?

Exact same thing... haha lotta stupid people out there... this isn't uncommon on ebay, and thats where the deals happen.

Comment

In winXP the monitor resolution can't go any lower than 800x600; do any of you get this, too? I'm wondering if this could have contributed to my problem.

Every week I hate winXP even more. I may have to revert to win2000.

Comment

winxp is like that, once it knows you can do 800x600 you cant go back...

i would think that the compression you experience could possibly be fixed with the wave of a degauss wand. it sounds like the degauss part of your screen may be defective due to the clicking no longer being there when u switch res's. do you have a manual degauss option in the OSD or buttons on the monitor?

Comment

Oh shucks.....where was I on that one..... that was weird ...I was scanning through ebay for those monitors and didn't see those

Comment

The degauss does not fix it. In about two weeks I'll be sending the monitor back for repairs.

Comment

How come the "hide modes that this monitor cannot display," in the display settings, is sometimes greyed-out and sometimes it's not?

Comment

I was scanning through ebay for those monitors and didn't see those
                            That is the biggest secret in getting good deals... teaching yourself search tricks. My friends are amazed at the deals I find that they miss. Haha.. Just ask 'cord'

I'm afraid typing seach tricks is a very extensive task, which would probably only confuse you, so all I'll say is just study the options available and learn to use the tools ebay gives you. You'll get it..

Comment

Working...
                            X