Micro$hit intellicrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro$hit intellicrap

i have had the intellimouse explorer for a while now and it is starting to become a bit of a ba$tard. It keeps freezing, like the keyboard will work and teh LED will be on, but the buttons and 'eye' dont respond. It also has a habbit of turning off, and the resolution is to pull it out and replug it in (USB) or restart my pc.

any ideas on WTF is wrong with it?
    TT Original

Are you having troubles with any other USB devices?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

If you are using Windows 98 SE you might try DL'ing the updated UHCD.sys ;
      Check it out at MSKB #Q240075
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

i had a problem with usb once, it all started when i got a usb web cam, if i tryed to use the cam it would freeze and when that happened it would also affect my usb keyboard, mouse and printer. The problem turned out to be the chip set on my mobo, which was the VIA KT133 chip set, knowing there was a slight problem with the KT133 chip set i decided to buy another mobo, this time i bought the one with the VIA KT133A chip set and that got rid of the problem, now all my usb devices are working fine.
        KT133 chip set

Comment

only my mouse runs on USB

running XP Pro
          TT Original

Comment

found the problem

wire is broken about 6-7cm up from the mouse

looks like some soldering needs to be done
            TT Original

Comment

thats why i pissed my intellimouse off, the wire kept breaking, they have a 5 year warranty so i sent it back, each time i got back a brand new mouse, but in a few months it would break again. cost too much to keep sendin it back

Comment

sounds like a design flaw - or maybe you shouldn't let the cat play with it.
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

yet I got my intellimouse before birdkiller got his first one, and I haven't had any major probs with it at all.. :rolleyes2

Comment

bought it OEM and havent registered it

any ideas? donations?
                    TT Original

Comment

geez i lub my intellicrap, its great, wouldnt waste money on any other expensive mouse...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU REPEATEDLY break the wires, there is way too much cord for u 2 b needing to stretch it places

Comment

thats the thing, the cable isnt stretched. my genius one is going fine, and i got a sony one wif a mem stick reader in it and no probs wif it either

Comment

my intellimouse cord takes a fair floggin.. It dangles to the floor below my desk, and i'm always getting my feet tangled in it.. yanking the mouse around and stuff. Haven't had a prob though..

Comment

Had mine for a couple of yrs now with no probs either, but then I don't swing it around over my head really to let it fly at someone though. :D
                            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

theres the problem...

PEOPLE, A MOUSE IS NOT A WEAPON

Comment

Working...
                              X