No announcement yet.

New VIA IDE patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the size of the sig is what's slowin' his PC down. ;)

Comment

how can you say VIA sucks god. What others do you think perform better?

SIS?, try and overclock with this one
      Ali?. are you serious
      Intel?
      Nvidia, yeah maybe if it didn't cost so much
      AMD?can you find one of these?

Anyway you may not like the chipset, but the VIA name has stood for awhile as one of the best. Maybe it is your board?

Comment

No, God is right on one thing. The Kt133 (not A) chipset sucked balls. VIA is an excellent chip maker and very well respected, but just like everyone else they try to get their products out too quickly. kt266 (not A) - can you even find those anymore? Sure, but why would you buy one?

Its also not his board, i have an Asus A7V (KT133) and even thou it is Asus and it is for the most part very fast and very stable, it does have its bad days. Which tends to be every day if i try to O/C, and believe me it is the mobo.

Just my thoughts on VIA, they are the only chip manufacturer that i would buy motherboards based on, but they aren't flawless (i.e. KT133)

Comment

Really the fault wasn't VIA's but the manufacturers tryin' to push their products out to quickley as you'll find all the early release one's that 1st came out very quickly had revisions done to fix manufacturing faults. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

<--agrees with Jedi Agent. God will you stop going on about how much VIA sucks, ur mobo may suck, its chip set may suck but via does NOT suck.:no: :no: :no:

Comment

99 times out of 100 when VIA chipsets have "problems" it is P.E.B.K.A.C. at fault.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Agreeing wit Wiggo.
                Anytime a company in this business tries to push out a product a couple of weeks ahead of time, they tend to have minor problems, sometimes only a bios fix, sometimes a newer revision.

But again, if you had to vote - VIA, SiS, or ALi ???
                They only other real option is Intel, and i wont even comment.

Comment

It's always interesting to look at the "best" chipsets released, many of them have been buggy as hell in the first revision, but have gone on to become legendary. Take the Intel 440BX - probably the best chipset EVER IMHO. Boards based on this chipset at its release (April 1998) required several BIOS revisions, but once this was sorted out the combination of i440BX + Pentium II very nearly sent AMD bankrupt.

Same with others like the VIA products, they have been buggy as first, but are very nice products now :)
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Nothing wrong with the VIA chipset drivers. Use the newest one. The KT133 is not the same as the KT133A I understand. I'm running 2 OS's using VIA 4 in 1 4.36 version. Is there newer?? System seems pretty happy with them. Actually you have to install the OS, then immediately install the drivers for the MB B4 you do any more adjusting, such as video, sound etc. They all hinge on whether the drivers are talking to the right gates to get the message across. Kind of like herding cattle down alonside a fence and when you get to the pasture you want them to go into, the damn gates shut, and ya have to open it up and gather everybody back up. LOL

I like tit also.. bettern than loos and lots more intersting than trolleys! *G* I like every little tit bit I can get my hand on or sink my teeth into.. ROFLMAO

kind or a bitey remark,huh? for an old feller like me!

Have some wine!
                    Cheers!

Comment

Well guys, I may be from the past about this one...but I just read a big thread at Madonion.com about the 4-in-1's don't install properly and you would have to install them manualy to get them to even take.

Just check the version dates and the manufacturer to see if you are using the standard WinXP drivers or the current 4-in-1's that you have been installing

This is all NEW news to me...just slap me and tell me to shut up if you all know about this

Comment

SLAP!
                        No im kidding. I've never had a prob installing 4in1's late in the game, but ill take the advise freely and use that the next one i build.

Knockers was always a laugh fer me. :eek:

Comment

Working...
                        X