Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohh god no... lol
    i was just going to oc. my 2.4....
    well it will be good for AMD cuz they'll have better coolers ofc... but i think P4 Northwood cores can overclock more than the XP's..... (Is that Right? is p4 more overclockable than AMD even if they have a little weak Heat sink? kinda confused betweek those run!):?: )

Family guy = (omg, the goverment is here........... run flappy

Comment

i doubt it, it's been a while since i've done any checking on the pentium sceen, but you can't unlock the multiplier on a p4 (right?), but you can on a XP =)

Comment

Yes bein' able to manipulate the multiplier is a great plus as ya can really work the FSB limits then with some good quality memory. :devil win
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
          Imagine if Intel do this, I would image many cooling companies would stop producing Intel coolers (or coolers with adapters for Intel processors) and just focus on AMD.

Then as a result, many enthuaists would only buy AMD processors because theres the quality OC heatsinks out for them to buy and get the most out of their processors, compared to using stock Intel coolers.
          Never happen, making Intel coolers is too valuable for HSF comapnies to not spend the money to get 'em validated... and even if they did stop, it wouldnt make a real difference in what enthusiasts buy. The market doesnt follow HSF's, HSF's follow the market, even among us tweakers... thats just how it is.

Intel moved its Knight and we Pawns think its dumb cause it gives us a run for the other side of the board... but all the while the Knight has its eyes set on the King(General Public) Strategic Metaphor... i think so... :shoot3:

Comment

yes, but i don't think this is a very smart move for intel, we'll just have to see...dosn't really matter a whole hell of a lot to me though, seeing as I'm a huge AMD fan anyway

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
              i doubt it, it's been a while since i've done any checking on the pentium sceen, but you can't unlock the multiplier on a p4 (right?), but you can on a XP =)
              With the little dinky intel stock hsf that came iwth my 2.53, i've been able to verify now that xp pro runs stable at 3.23ghz since i've upgraded my psu, which is 700mhz above it's clock rating (p4 is c1 core stepping not b0) anyway, overclocking the p4 even with the stock hsf isn't that hard to get up high... granted, better cooling will most likely (i can't see why it wouldn't) result in better heat managment.

As for why people buy intel anymore, last AMD processor I obught was a duron 600, which died, without overclocking or anything, 18 days after I bought it... problem: heat, and this was using the stock hsf that was shipped with the processor. I have few quams against AMD as a company, but their fab process has always, ALWAYS left something to be desired from myself personally... This, and the fact that the P4 performs better than the athlon xp (at least, my 2.53 which has almost the same specs as my xp2100+ i use at work, beats the **** outta the 2100+ (the athlon has more ram, but 2714 less in 3dmark2001se (same vid card in both machines (ati firegl 8800))). That's why, I, myself, buy intel and sell intel processors in new computers unless someone specifically requests AMD or doesn't have an extra 100 bucks to throw around for the p4 proc.

Comment

the amd 2100+ is equivilent to a p4 2.2...I'm sure a p4 2.53 does out perform it

Comment

Actually the 2200+ is more equivilant to a 2.2ghz p4, but yes I do see your point.

Comment

there was an article over at toms hardware comparing the 2100= to a p4 2.2

Comment

I stopped listening to tom 2 years ago :) Full of BS a lotta the times :) Instead I prefer to get my info from people who aren't payed to use and write reviews on the hardware :)

Comment

good point :cheers:

Comment

No comment
                          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

no offense Mr. T , just think ole' Tom has had his opinon swayed a few times too often by some $$

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                              no offense Mr. T , just think ole' Tom has had his opinon swayed a few times too often by some $$
                              Again, no comment.

But your comment did not offend me... :)
                              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                                your comment did not offend me...
                                I'm glad to hear that :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                                X