Intel 850 GB mobo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 850 GB mobo question

hello all new to the forums, great site. Well I went through the BIOS tweaker section and decided to check some things out and maybe clean up my computer a little before I go and upgrade, anyways I accessed my BIOS and found that my board has hardly any options at all, I read a review of my board from about a year ago and I recall them saying this, but it just seems like there's some really basic stuff that I can't find. Granted this may be a barebones mobo but is it really this barebones? I can't even find a spot to check out my AGP setting or anything, am I looking in the riight spot, sorry for the dumb questions but I'm just now getting interested in the internals of my comp, thanks for any help!

I've got the same Mobo but can't get into the BIOS it asks for a password. Could you tell me what password you used to get into your BIOS? TIA.:D

Comment

On the question of the password for getting into the BIOS on a GB board, what you need to do is turn off your puter and disconnect the power. Then open up your case and find the battery in there. Take the battery out of it's socket and insert it upside down. After waiting a few seconds flip the battery right side up and power on the board. This will drain the power to the CMOS and set everything to defaults including getting rid of the password.

As for the AGP settings menu, I don't have a GB board, I have a MV board. But, the BIOS for Intel boards are basically the same all around. The AGP settings for my board is under advanced and video configuration. You can set the AGP Apterture Size and that's about it. Intel is pretty stingy when it comes to tweaking their boards. They are more known for rock solid performance and a little bit slower.

Comment

That answers my quetion thanks for the help

Comment

Captn, thanx for the response.:cheers:

Comment

No problem, I'm happy to help. For everyone else out there, if you have problem with your Intel motherboards, I'm the person to ask. I work for Intel as a Functional Test Developer on Intel boards. So, I have a pretty good idea how they work and troubleshooting. Not that there are too many people in these forums that use Intel CPUs besides Intel mobos. :confused: Or, Intel products are so stable and work so well people don't need to post on the forums, their just happy campers chugging away on their puters laughing at all the AMD people who are complaining that their system keeps crashing for some strange reason. :D Actually, AMD has gotton their $hit together lately and have a pretty solid product, but of course I'd never buy one.

Comment

as far as AGP goes should I have the aperture size twice what my card memory or the other way around?

Comment

from what I've read, twice the size of the card's memory is usually a good way to go. But it matters on how much RAM you have in your PC. If you only have 128Meg, then you don't want to use all of that. So, experiment a bit and see what works out best.

Comment

Working...
                X