Problems with enabling agp 4x on win xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with enabling agp 4x on win xp

Im having problems on my asus a7v, i read the information page about the agp drives, but i am running windows xp and the windows 2000 agp 4x drive fix doesnt seem to work with the xp version :(, plz help

Even though XP has the drivers they are dated so have ya tried to update them? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yeah i installed the hyperion 4in1 drivers, and i installed the program wcpuid which shows the current agp speed, and it is at 2x and it doesnt even show my support for agp4x when i know for a fact i have it, so i dont know what to do

Comment

maybe someone of you can recommend a driver version of via4in1 that you know work with the win2000 agp2x to agp4x fix, when using windows xp

Comment

here is a picture of what wcpuid shows

Comment

OK one thing I noticed which you should do - increase your graphics Aperture size to 128MB in the BIOS.

Ok now onto AGP4x - use the very latest Hyperion 4.45 drivers, and if necessary manually update the AGP driver in particular to the latest version using my VIA Hyperion Guide/FAQ above.

Now, your Asus A7V is a 133 chipset right? You'll need to go to this thread for more information on how to turn on AGP4x in the registry.
            My Machine

Comment

Thx alot for posting..i did as you said and now its working WEEE

Comment

Working...
              X