4-in1 Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-in1 Drivers

I went to viahardware.com and i was about to update my drivers when i came upon a lil comment that made me pause.

*"Do not update 4-1 drivers unless you are experiencing problems."

*"Microsoft Windows XP has native XP support and 4-1 drivers usually are not needed."

I know XP brought native drivers it also came with native 4600 drivers but i update that everytime a new one comes out. Does the case change with 4-in-1 drivers. Wouldn't updates add stability to the board?
    - Damien

With some, updating the 4in1's has fixed stability issues while others may not have noticed anything. Do you think that you need them? I'm running the 4.38's in mine. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I normally go ahead and update mine when the new ones come out. Though I don't have any stability issues, the newer versions tend to give better performance to the AGP and the IDE channels. This by itself makes them a worthwhile update. ;)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I really have no problems with them...but you know i saw that statement i was like "whoa...lemme ask the guys". I'm going ahead and updating...thx guys:thumb: .
        - Damien

Comment

i only update them when i have an issue with some odd piece of hardware. I've been running 4.31's on my Abit KT7-RAID untill 2 days ago when I started having problems with a USB hard drive now being recognized [although it always worked well before]. I upgraded to the 4.40a [i think] and all is good after reinstalling the USB hard disk drivers..

Comment

I'm much the same and the 4.38's came with the mobo and work well so unless I have a prob or a format they're likely to stay there. :)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hi to all- new kid here,

I keep seeing all sorts of posts on there being a "turbo" setting for my VIA w/AMD combo?

Please help me see 4X instead of 2-- what are the steps?

Thanks for the time--

T :confused:

Comment

Working...
              X