Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion over P4PB 266E Mainboard release by VIA

VIA P4PB 266E Pricing and Availability
    The VIA P4PB 266E is available now through VPSD global distribution partners. Pricing information is available on request. For further details please visit our website http://www.viavpsd.com

About VIA Platform Solutions Division

VPSD brings to market a wide selection of VIA branded products and platforms for building high-performance PCs, workstations and servers, as well as facilitating the rapid development of an exciting new generation of desktop and mobile Information PCs, Information Servers, and Information Stations in line with VIA's "Total Connectivity" vision. Products offered by VPSD include a complete line of high performance mainboard solutions based on the industry-leading VIA Apollo P4X400, P4X266E, and P4M266 chipsets, and the innovative new VIA EPIA mainboard based on the ultra compact mini-ITX form factor. Detailed product information about the complete VPSD product line is available at the VPSD website at www.viavpsd.com.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Yeah, that struck me as a little odd for them to release a slower P4 chipset when I got that e-mail this morning. The board seems to be pretty loaded, however.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for clearing things up a bit.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Comment

It seems I missed that very obvious piece of news then. I'm used to 6 month product cycles, not 2 month.
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I'm curious John, who are these OEMs that are actually buying VIA's P4 Chipsets? I believe DDR333 acceptance has been relatively limited and will continue to be so until sometime next year, but DDR400 is a long shot to say the least. You can't even verify whether or not JEDEC will ever approve a DDR-400 spec. Also, how did ya'll manage to drop the P4X333 without repercussions from Motherboard manufacturers? I know that there were a few demo boards at Computex and I had heard from the Grapevine of more. R&D for motherboards isn't free and that's alot of wasted time. Ya'll should work out a steadier development process like in previous times.

Oh, yeah, I designed that Ramstore.ca logo! :) hehe.

Comment

Comment

I currantly have a P4X400 board and SiS Xabre400

we will soon see if this 8x board can actually do AGP 8x

as for P4X266E. Its not going to be seen in the retail market. After all why would use use an old Chipset for new P4's? just seems silly

Comment

we will soon see if this 8x board can actually do AGP 8x
                    I can tell you not the Xabre wont work on that board mate!

Comment

Well the Xabre runs 8X on SiS boards. Xabre is well rated within the 8X specs. so if VIA have put the 8x specs to work it should all go properlly

Comment

Comment

Why you're mighty quick to jump to the defence of VIA aren't you Steven? Why?
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

And Steven correct me if I am wrong but isn't the SavageXP a VIA product as well?

OMG, the plot thickens... hehe
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X