Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measure MCH Temprature (MCHTEMP)

I went on the internet and i found this:

??????????? Overclockers.ru • ???????? ???? - MCHTemp - ????????? ??????????? ???????? ?????? ? ??????????? Intel

Surprisingly it measures MCH temp from the built in sensor on the die, not on top of the heatspreader or whatever

So what you do is, you download that MCH temp here:

http://cp.people.overclockers.ru/cgi...HTempSetup.zip - V1.20

http://cp.people.overclockers.ru/cgi...pBetaSetup.zip - V1.21 beta

(click on "Скачать файл MCHTempSetup.zip")

And install it. You may not understand what it says, just click next or whatever it is. After the instalation it will come with an error saying that the driver is not signed bla bla

To fix that issue you need a driver signature overrider - Here is one:

Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b - Use this tool to easily bypass the Driver Signature Enforcement in both 32-bit and 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista - Softpedia

DL that, run it and eneable test mode first. Then select the

"Sign a System File"

and you need to enter the location of the file:

C: Windows\System32\drivers\Mama.sys

is the location on my PC.
    After that it will ask for a restart, restart your PC and you will be able to launch the MCH Temp utility.

Supports: Chipsets: P35, P31, G33, G31, Q35, Q33; P45, P43, G45, G43, G41, Q45, Q43; X38, X48, X58

CPU's: Core, Core 2, Core i7

Configuring it:

You go in that "Командbl" at the top and then select the first option

After that a configuration menu comes up all in russian. Then you look at:

"Минимальная температура северного моста" and you should have a up and down click to move the minimum temperature up and down.

Next up, you go at "Формат температуры" and select the third ooption which means Apsolute displayed values or something like that, and now it should give out the real values. At the end look at the bottom right and click on the button there (accept)

PS. IF you have watermarks all over the edges of the screen, run that driver overrider utility and select remove watermarks - it will open another webpage where it will guide you how to remove them

PS.2: Dont mind me if it was posted before, just wanted to share it. If anyone feels this should be in a different section, move it

I reccoment using 1.21 beta

Right now im idling at 57 deg on MCH...hmmm...

Filip
    Last edited by Filip; 09-11-2009, 07:21 PM.

Re: Measure MCH Temprature (MCHTEMP)

What board you running this on? Installed it use the signature tool reboot and it gives me a error that I cant read and the quits.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Im running this on a Gugabyte X48 DS4. Did you do the path to your mama.sys file?

X*: Windows\System32\drivers\Mama.sys

* X as in weherever your windows instalation is

Here is how it is supposed to look:

Only problem i've found that it might just show <20 or <whatever all the time - then you know that your NB is under 46 deg celsious, it piocks up on mine above 46 deg. Don't know why, it might be a global bug
      Last edited by Filip; 09-12-2009, 05:45 AM.

Comment

yeah I set the set the path which was the same in vista x64 it said it was successful. Maybe because the ep45-ud3p doesnt have a sensor so it wont let it run. I tried the beta first uninstalled that then installed the other one same deal. It looks like the same error you get with out adding the signature to the file but when you check the file its got a signature from NGO.
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
        Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
        Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
        Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
        Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block
        Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
        Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Thanks for the link. This program is well detailed in the help (F1). Also, I installed the latest version in vista x86 and it worked right away, no reboot or signature tweaking! I am also on ga-x48-ds4. I will try within the week on win7 x64.

Yes it is in russian, but you can use google translage for the help.

Too bad there is no translation yet... but its a great utility to read the northbridge (mch) temps...

(EDIT) I am on win7 x64 now, and now I get the driver signature error...
          Last edited by spacemec; 10-31-2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Ok filip i will try it in myrig, hope it works :)
            Intel Core i5 2500k @3.33ghz (4.5ghz 1.255v)
            MSI 67A5-GD80( B3)
            Patriot Viper Extreme D2 PXD34G13600LLK 8-9-8-24 2T 1.65v (1600mhz 8-9-8-24 2T 1.65v)
            Western Digital
            Caviar Black500G SATA2 32mb
            MSI GTX570TFII OC 750/1000 (930/1100 1.088v)
            Thermalright Archon + TY140 + CF III
            Corsair TX-650
            Windows7 Ultimate x64 SP1
            -Open rig-

Comment

Originally posted by Filip View Post
              I went on the internet and i found this:

??????????? Overclockers.ru • ???????? ???? - MCHTemp - ????????? ??????????? ???????? ?????? ? ??????????? Intel

Surprisingly it measures MCH temp from the built in sensor on the die, not on top of the heatspreader or whatever...
              Why is that surprising, adding a sensor to a heat sink and the associated support costs money, while the on-die sensor is free with the chipset.

I have/used X58 and G45 chipset boards that had software readable temperatures for the MCH that good monitoring programs can read.

FYI, some of the older Intel chipsets like those in the support list won't provide temp data below 45C - 55C, so the lowest temp displayed will be 45C - 55C. If your reading just sits at 55C, that's normal for that chipset, and actually not a bad temperature.

Many of the older chipsets run rather hot, the X58 for example will read 70C+ on some boards. This program may cause you more grief than benefit...

OTOH, the max temp for these chipsets is greater than the processors they work with, usually ~110C+. The heat sinks used with them may be small and have cheap spring mounting, so don't expect CPU-like idle temperatures. They are fine running at these high temps, but added cooling is always a good thing.

Originally posted by Neoroy View Post
              Ok filip i will try it in myrig, hope it works :)
              Assuming the chipset support list in the OP is correct, your P67 chipset, one of the first PCH type chips, is not in the list.

Comment

Working...
              X