i want to unlock my bios...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to unlock my bios...

i have boight hp pavilion dv5-1112ea amd turion mainboard is HP 3600 Version : 98.32 it's limited bios i want to tweak it how i can unlock it ?? is there a software can help

Re: i want to unlock my bios...

You can't,the manufactor has it setup like that so you cant mess with the computer
    Thanks
    The Muncher

Main Rig
    CPU)Q9550@
    MOBO)EP45-UD3P rev.1.0
    RAM) 4g G-Skill 1066
    PSU)Corsair TX-750
    HDD) 2 Seagate 250 Raid-0
    VIDEO)EVGA 275 GTX super clock
    SOUND) Xonar DX 7.1
    MONITOR) Hanns-G 28'WS
    OS) Win 7 64 bit

Life is like a sheet sandwitch,the more bread you have the less sheet you'll have to eat

Comment

my cousin did it with his hp laptop

how come ??

Comment

Why not ask your cousin? OEM motherboards are set up with a very limited BIOS so that it cuts down on their support costs.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

might get some answers to bios questions on winbios there are other companies other there that will reflash bios but you might be taking a chance on destroying your board
          I resently had to do a recover flash on my two laptops gateway and acer one
          the acer was easy to get info on but the gateway well it was next to impossible to get info on even the bios version on the make was hard to get..
          what are you trying to do?
          mmtools is a tool used to edit bios but i have not used it nor am i going to use it untill i get some sound info on editing bios or purchase a back up bios before i start playing around wih the editor.

Comment

If you really want to get into it, go to The New Rebels Haven Forum!!.

Comment

How to unlock, hack, bypass, or crack a bios password

YouTube - How to unlock, hack, bypass, or crack a bios password

Comment

This information is intended for experienced users. It is not intended for basic users, hackers, or computer thieves. Please do not try any of following procedures if you are not familiar with computer hardware. I'll not be responsible for the use or misuse of this information, including personal injury, loss of data or hardware damage. So use it at your own risk.
                A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:
                In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.
                Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.
                When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.
                Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
                BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds
                BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: BIOS Password Recovery - BIOS Password Recovery Tool - Remove or Clear BIOS Password

Comment

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered,
                  Erm... no. I have yet to see a motherboard with a soldered down battery. Soldering a battery in any way can be pretty dangerous actually. Imagine a lithium button cell popping with the heat?

Every single board I have worked on in the last 14 years has a battery caddy. It's pretty simple to remove the battery if you wish. Exceptions are a couple of IBM laptops I've worked on. these had metal contacts stuck to them joined to a small lead and plug. The battery literally plugged into the board. It was still a standard CR2032 though.

Due to the complete inaccuracy of your post can we assume the reason for posting is to advertise the program you linked to? If so, this forum isn't a place to advertise and profit from.
                  Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                  Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                  P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                  Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                  TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                  2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                  2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                  Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                  Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                  WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                  Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                  Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                  3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                  Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

I resently had to do a recover flash on my two laptops gateway and acer one. The acer was easy to get info on but the gateway well it was next to impossible to get info on even the bios version on the make was hard to get..

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion View Post
                      Why not ask your cousin? OEM motherboards are set up with a very limited BIOS so that it cuts down on their support costs.

"cuts down on their support costs." and noobs dont mess stuff up not meant for overclocking period.build a tower....lappys are slow out of the box.
                      Stacker830 Watercooled
                      windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
                      Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
                      8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
                      Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
                      13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
                      (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
                      biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
                      xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
                      sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
                      co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
                      Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
                      Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Comment

Working...
                      X