Which chipset is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which chipset is better?

So which company makes the best chipsets ati, nvidia, intel, amd, or a company i havn't listed?

Re: Which chipset is better?

Well, it kinda depends on which brand of processor you're interested in.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

well i mean like for overall of course amd chipset would work better with amd cpus but which one is better overall like in preformance

Comment

Intel is kicking a**!
        Intel p35, X38, or X48 chipsets.
        Last edited by Xpoc; 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM.
        Xeon W3520 / Gigabyte X58A-UD7 / Sapphire 5870 / 6Gb G.Skill Perfect Storm / WD 500Gb / Corsair 850HX

Comment

From what i have read, the intel chipsets are leading the way at the moment. i dont know what has happened with AMD lately it seems like the 939 cpus were going to rocket them to the top a couple of years ago and they released the AM2 socket a bit to soon earning the wrath of alot of their customers (in my opinion) so they started to flounder when intel released the core2duo series.

Your question is a bit vague unfortunately, but i take it you mean, what mobo chipsets work best with what gpus and cpus? right?
          There is no way to really sum it easily im afraid. there are so many out there and not enough time to test them all or at least compile a definitive list for publishing without being years out of date.
          The best advice i can suggest is, if you are looking to buy or planning at least. You find out your main usage of the rig, gaming, workhorse, htpc etc...
          Find the most critical component, GPU, CPU, onboard features etc...
          Hit the forums to find out the best compliment for that item.

Even if you dont find all the answers at least you will have some ideas.
          Andrew "Eightball103" Jones

Comment

Working...
          X