No announcement yet.

THICKO!! needing Help Probs with my K7S5A??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I downloaded Memtest and ran it through at least 3 times for the whole 11 tests and it came up no errors each time. So I think the memory is ok if I've done it all right!! Way over my head I have to say but it seemed to do everything pretty much itself.

So I also tried changed the CPU to 100/133 as you suggested but I dont think its made any difference. What does that do anyway, is that reducing the power and capabilities of my CPU ?

I'm still getting that error status as showing critical all the time in the System Drivers - System tools window (see prev notes for full title) Is this essential and could this be the cause of my problems, it seems to relate to the boot up system??:?:

Comment

The underclocking of the processor just reduces the power load on the system if power was a prob that would show it.
      But I think that you may get better help at the OCWorkbench Forum that's dedicated to this board. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:snip:
        Right I've just about had enough of this crappy computer, nothing I'm doing is helping my problem.

I took your advice having tried all the other things you told me before hand and bought a new PSU. I bought a Tsunami 400w psu, which is AMD approved and has a TPO of 254.2 so tons of room there.

Well guess what, made no difference and the same games crash !! arrrrrrrgh. As before it keeps coming up that its a driver problem failing to complete a drawing operation but when you check everything its ok, DX Diag tests are spot on. I cannot see it showing as conflicting with anything and I've tried new old, re-downloaded etc drivers for everything from the AGP, NvVidia and Audio card drivers.

I re-formatted the whole thing AGAIN (thats 11 at the last count) made sure I deleted the primary partition, formatted, created new partition using XP NTSC file system, formatted, re-installed XP Pro, installed AGP driver, SIS Audio driver, NVidia detenator driver and ...........crash. As usual most things works no problem but some just wont play that used to before.

The PnP ISA/EISA Bus driver file on system info still shows as critical but I dont see what I can do about that, its the only one that shows as such. As for conflict, I see the G/card is on I/O5 along with the AGP and PnP USB hub driver.

Anyway am off to sulk now :o(( if you can think of anything else give me a bell thanks.!!
        :cry:

Comment

Working...
        X