AGP 4X help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP 4X help

i have a Presario 6450NX which supposedly has the Intel 845G chipset, i have a Radeon 9800Pro video card installed, but for some reason i cannot activate the AGP4X, i've emailed customer support for both compaq and Radeon, and they keep pushing me to each other, so im really at wit's end here

can anybody help me and offer me some insight as to what might be wrong?

Re: AGP 4X help

Have you tried looking for and AGP setting in the bios? I know on older chipsets sometimes it has to be activated there.

Comment

i actually cant find the AGP setting in the BIOS, the only option that even mentions AGP was the Primary Adapter option, and it's already on the AGP/Onboard option

Comment

I'm not 100% positive about which chipsets were effected, but do a Google search for "AGP4x fix" and try to find some older articles that addressed this very problem. It may
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

i couldnt find anything that pertained to an ATI card, or the MS-6577 motherboard which i have :(

and weird thing, under the device manage\system devices tab, i find that there doesnt seem to be any AGP drivers installed...could that be a problem? where can i find AGP drivers for my mobo? i've tried the MSI site, d/led the 845G driver, but got an error message that my system does not meet the minimum requirements
          Last edited by CX524; 07-01-2005, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Did you Google? I did and the second entry listed was an article we did here at TweakTown, but as I mentioned, I didn't remember the chipset that had the problem. Unfortunately it was the VIA chipset.

Just for reference sake, here is the link:
            http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=review&dId=68

I doubt it will help you though. You might try hitting up the MSI forums and see what they have to say (assuming their site sponsors such a forum... many board makers do).
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

It's very likely that it being an OEM PC that it doesn't have an option for this and as the MS-6577 is also an MSI OEM model mainboard, finding anything on it will be hard though by rights the i845G should only be able to run at 4xAGP rates anyway (officially the chipset doesn't support anything higher or lower, except in the case of a PCI video card being used).
              Last edited by wayout44; 07-02-2005, 05:32 AM.

Comment

hey i have a hp pavillion 255c with a msi 6577 v3.21 xenon bios and a radeon 9800 - not sure if it's xt or pro - how can i find out??

anyway here are some tech links that might help you.

http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/OEM/HP/

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00100539

http%3A//www.emeyer.co.uk/temp/xenon3_manual.pdf

besides my xt vs pro question - maybe you can help me with something? I would like to overclock this board but the bios 3.23 does not allow it. can i get an unlocked bios?

Comment

If you are able to install you own motherboard, dump that OEM board and look for a MSI 845PE or even a MSI 865PE board. They are pretty inexpensive on Ebay and will give you a whole new world of options and overclockability. You should be able to use all of the rest of your existing components and in the case of a 865PE motherboard, have major upgrading options available to you too. You could even maybe have it installed for less than $200, and probably under $100 at a non-chain computer store.
                  GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                  AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                  Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                  Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                  Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                  PC P&C 500W PSU
                  2TB Seagate
                  Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
                  X