VIA 1T Command Rate Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA 1T Command Rate Issue

I found that if you use the 1T Command Rate setting in BIOS for the memory you will experience memory leak under a NT class OS (NT4, 2K and XP).

Rang up VIA and spoke to them, its a confirmed issue with using XP, NT and 2K, they are unsure as to what is leaking the memory (OS or chipset).

Lets hope they get this fixed

VIA made it clear that there was a problem with the T1 command late last year and its more to do with the memory models not being able to take the aggressive command!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      VIA made it clear that there was a problem with the T1 command late last year and its more to do with the memory models not being able to take the aggressive command!
      They did?
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I have spoken to Kingmax and they have stated that they are working on a 1T memory module,

Not many manafactures can actually get 1T Command Rate to run stable and not leak memory under NT OS's

Comment

I just got a PC2700 1T module from OCZ yesterday. Lucky I won't be using it on a VIA chipset :)

Comment

Originally posted by Soverign
            I have spoken to Kingmax and they have stated that they are working on a 1T memory module,

Not many manafactures can actually get 1T Command Rate to run stable and not leak memory under NT OS's

*/ Waves hand in the air :wave:

My 256MB CAS-2 PC-2100 Apacer DDR module works beautifully with a 1T command rate, it has the Nanya 7ns chips on it... never had a problem with memory leaks :)
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
            X