Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kt400 vs NForce2 (newbie question)

Hello,

Bit of a newbie question really, but for Athlon XP chips (2600 and up), are these chipsets amongts the best? Do people prefer the nForce over the Kt400? Is KT600/800(?) for something else completly?

Basically, I'm trying to get a feel for what's a good chip/mobo combination (exluding 64 chips). I'm thinking a 333FSB or 400(?) would be a good start?

I was thinking the Asus A7N8X delux board seems pretty good, but does anyone know how these compare with the Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro and GA-7NNXP? Any other good boards I should consider?

Any help appreciated I'm rubbish at this!

Thanks in advance,
    Toby

The "nForce2" are made by nVidia, the KT600/800 by VIA. The nforce2's run all over their VIA counterparts.

i have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and it is fantastic. There is a newer version, the A7N8X-E Deluxe i think it is called.
    alot have simular in features...alot having Soundstorm, Firewire, 400FSB support etc etc.

I would instead get a 333FSB Barton rather than a 400FSB, the 333 is able to be overclocked to 400FSB speeds with good memory and a decent motherboard and doing it this way will save you some money.

Consider the Abit NF7-S and the Epox 8RDA3+ too, as they are great boards.

Comment

Comment

yes the nForce2 Ultra chipset is what you are after :)

Comment

Working...
        X