Frontside bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontside bus

Well I'm trying to ajust the frontside bus speed of my Via c3 1 gigapro system. There are no ajustments for voltage or frontside bus speed in the BIOS. I have Softfsb but am unsure of what setting to use. Any help would be muchly appreciated.:geek: :geek:

What are ya tryin' to do with this? :?:

Comment

Well I bought this via 1gigapro system a couple of months ago. First right off the bat the thing is unstable, slow ( I know I know 1Gigapro is just a name not the Cpu speed ) and generaly a big disappointment. So like any good tweaker I figure I got nothing to lose on this system so why not tweak it silly. The main downfall (one of many) of this system is there are no real tweaking features in the BIOS. So I'm stuck with using Cpucool in a desperate attempt to change my front side bus speed. The reason I'm looking for the PLL chip type is so I can use Cpucool to make this change. Seeing as the only tweaks I can apply are software based, I don't want to crack the case seeing as the system is still under warrenty. I know I'm a very bad man. So that's the skinny on this, what do you think?

Comment

The last brilliant post was by me under my very stupid alias

Comment

I take it that ya logged in via the post reply window?
          That's where this problem has been mainly happenin' so if ya did pls don't and just go to the main forum page and login there first.
          But about what ya after I wouldn't have a clue what it is sorry.
          Have you tried VIA's site for info or if nothing comes up here then try the forums at http://www.viahardware.com :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I didnt do it that time Wiggo...
            As far as the gigpro, im not sure you can do anything with it if your not willing to break the warranty. OCing would be breaking the warranty wether you crack the case or not.
            Im not sure what proc you use, but the C3 is supposed to use a 133 FSB. So divide to find the multiplier, and up the FSB reasonably with SoftFSB until you feel like a better man, thats what i do.

Comment

I can't be of much assistance here, I haven't used one of these processors yet.
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Thanks for taking an interest in my problem everyone. In the end I did discover the PLL chip on the Via 1Gigapro system. It's made by Winbond and the model number is W83194BR-39B. Unfortunately Softfsb and Cpucool don't include tweaks for this PLL chip. Wcpuid does however let you adjust the multiplier value for the old Cyrix and current Via C3 ( Samuel 2 ) cpus. To anypne else out there who bought the Via 1Gigapro system. I'm going to try my best to make this beast function better and let everyone know any tips I can find. Keeping the Via 4in1 drivers up to date is so important to making this sytem function well. Also there is a BIOS update for this system at the Pcchips web-site. Flashing the Bios was easy and the instructions came with the Award Bios flashing program. Pcchips calls the system the M787CLR. You may have to re-install Windows after flashing the Bios, I know I did but some people say you don't have to you. You will just have to check it out for yourself. Thanks again to everyone who took an interest in this string.

Comment

Working...
                X