Anybody using the GA-8SDX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody using the GA-8SDX?

Best chance for me to leverage an upgrade, and keep my V5500 going.

Sorry I haven't used one before.

Comment

I wish u didTweak'ster.

Comment

bump

Comment

Somehow I don't think bumping this thread is goin' to get ya anymore results as I know of no one here that uses it, so I guess ya out of luck. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks Wiggie,
            Hey It was worth a shot.

Comment

Anything is worth a shot I guess...

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=183

This may help, even though its a different model.
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Thank Big Tweak,
                I read your review for sure. Googlegear even quotes it!!! And at the same time they list the SDX version as 4x only. The manual states is an AGP universal slot.
                Something funny is going on here. There is no reason for them to build the Agp slot different in the sdram version, but I think that's what's happened.
                I can take the 15-20% performance hit I think I'll get, but the Agp slot has to do 3.3 volt signalling.
                I don't want to get the MSI MS-6559. MSI bios support is wanting.IMHO! They are having enough trouble with their 645 ultra.IMHO
                When I go to the gigabyte board I'm seeing next to nothing. You had a very good experience with the SRX so I'll play the waiting game. Somebody has got to know something first hand!
                FYI, There are alot of diehard Voodoo/Intel fans that have alot of interest in how this turns out. I believe these two motherboards are top choices for the V5500 video card. I can only prove one is capable of doing the job.
                And for my own upgrade. I can only scratch together 250.00 at the time. I'm just being honest with you all. well , thanks for listening.

Comment

I've written several OEM's that stock this board. All state, as Tweak suspected, that the SDX is AGP voltage adjustable( at either1.5/3.3v) in the BIOS.

Hey Mr Tweak,
                  Any chance of a comparision between the SrX and SdX Gigabyte boards?

Comment

Working...
                  X