Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard hunting

Is this board good? http://www.pcdirect.com/product.asp?Sku=MBBIU8598

it should be okay, as long as ya arent planning on oc'in any, as i believe that Biostars do not have any oc'in options

Comment

it depends on your intentions. If you are any kind of an enthusiast then it's not a mobo you want to have...but if you're just going to use it in a typical desktop setting then it should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
        it depends on your intentions. If you are any kind of an enthusiast then it's not a mobo you want to have...but if you're just going to use it in a typical desktop setting then it should be fine

It'll be used for my #2 best gaming system. I'm not real interested in fancy stuff for this one, and doubt I'll need to overclock anything right now, I just want plenty of speed to play all current 3D games at 1024x768 with ease. I'll be sticking in a p4 2.4 ghz cpu, ATI Radeon 9800 pro or an ATI radeon 9500 pro for video, 160 gb maxtor harddrive (8 meg buffer), 512 mb 2700 333mhz ram, and I'll be running Windows XP Pro on it. I'm hoping it's enough to do the job but I've never used this type of motherboard chipset before so I'm going out on a limb here.

Comment

sounds like you are putting some good hardware together...you really ought to look into a beter mobo to support it all

biostar makes low quality OEM boards and I'm afraid you will be sorely disapointed with it

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
            sounds like you are putting some good hardware together...you really ought to look into a beter mobo to support it all

biostar makes low quality OEM boards and I'm afraid you will be sorely disapointed with it
            Why do you think I'll be disappointed? Have you had previous experience with this type of board?

The only reason I'm using that stuff in it is becuase I have it onhand and I just want a mobo to get the job done. I figure if I don't like the board I'm only out $57, but I hope it suffices, I'm sure it'll beat the complete and total junk that companies like Sony, HP, and Dell are dumping into their mid to high-end systems nowdays.

Comment

Trust us man, with those components, you wanna buy a halfway decent mobo, not some cheapo one thats gonna hold them all back

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                Trust us man, with those components, you wanna buy a halfway decent mobo, not some cheapo one thats gonna hold them all back
                How is it going to hold everything back? It has everything I need. 8X AGP, supports my processor and RAM plus plenty of room to grow. What else is needed?

Comment

Thats what alot of people think when theyre gettin an ECS, PCChips, or BIostar. BUt when in reality, you can get much better, for not much more money

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                    Thats what alot of people think when theyre gettin an ECS, PCChips, or BIostar. BUt when in reality, you can get much better, for not much more money

Like what? Links please.

Comment

Im an example........got a pcchips.....will never do again........go lookin around the oc'in forum, and mobos forum

Comment

I would look for ASUS ABIT for mobos. If you want AMD go with Nforce2 chipset. but if you want to go with intel go for a name brand manf.

Comment

I got the board (http://www.pcdirect.com/product.asp?Sku=MBBIU8598). Put everything together and walla it works like a charm (Hassle Free). I'm playing games like GTA Vice City and Battlefield 1942 Road to Rome glitch free on very high settings with it (Not a trace of lag). So far I'd have to say this board is what I was looking for and would recommend it to any bargain hunter that wants a cheap but good video gaming board for todays most system demanding video games.:shoot3:

Comment

Working...
                          X