• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry Welcomes Volume Shipment of VIA Apollo KT600 Chipse

www.via.com.tw
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I certainly don't have anything against VIA and their chipsets, but the questions that just has to be asked is:

Do we just sit back and wait for the KT600A?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Ya I would hate to be one of those poor souls who bought the KT400A.. but then again who would of with the nForce2 around?

My main question is, within all of those specs, I didnt notice anything about Dual channel DDR.. Is that what the FastStream64 is?

Comment

FastStream64 is the name of the new memory controller that debuted with the KT400A. ;)

I'm not holdin' my breath with VIA though as I'm stickin' with the nForce2.

Comment

in my personal systems i am sticking to nForce 2 for my AMD systems. I will fortunatly have the benifit of experience when it will come to KT600. It will take a bit of effort from VIA, SiS or ALi to move me from the nForce 2 Ultra at the moment, as its serving my purposes without any problems at all

If KT600 can deliver good performance i will definatly consider a change, at this stage though, nForce 2 for me

Comment

Ok here's something to consider, atm VIA chipsets require the memory to run faster than the FSB to deliver adequate performance but the nForce2 chipset has shown that double the memory bandwidth at FSB speeds is more than enough to stop hardware DMA access from impacting on CPU performance (cuttin' the CPU's access to memory bandwidth so that hardware can have it's fair share, the video card bein' the main culprit).

Comment

Working...
            X