VIAKT400A (a stands for "Awful")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIAKT400A (a stands for "Awful")

What is this a joke or something? Via is bad enough, now they release KT400A wich is actually worse! How is this possible? It reminds me of the Lincoln Pick up truck that Ford developed that was lacking 4 wheel drive. terrible. :shoot2:

can you be a bit more specific on what's so bad about it?

Comment

This is rather a pointless thread obviously made by someone who doesn't want to understand the chipset at all. :cheers:

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I gess even tho it got a bad review and seemed to score alot less than and older chipset......IT MUST BE GOOD. what was i thinking.......

(ps ill take my "Tweaktown Jerk" tag whenever you want to give it to me)

Comment

What's wrong with a pickup truck without 4 WD?? As in all things ... including chipsets ... there will always be someone who expects more.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Im going to say VIA is thinking budget. Obviously nVidia has the AMD Chipset crown, so VIA put out a chipset that can handel the new bartons and such, but can be afordable for the users on a budget. And isnt that what AMD is all about? best bang for ya buck:)

Comment

Actually the KT400A can't handle 400Mhz FSB. so KT400A seems like a waste of time, KT600 is the sucessor, KT400A will die a quick death

Comment

Yes the KT400/A never turned out the way VIA it intended too and the A version only bettered memory control. :(

Comment

yes the kt400A is deffo a banger in the computer world, and lets not talk about pick up trucks in a via thread he just used that for an example so dont start delving into it to much PrairieDawg or we will be here all year lol The kt400A was suppost to be the above model from the kt400 or at least thats what me and alot of other people were expecting it to be but it turns out to be a budget board, well dont you think the kt400 has enough budget boards like the GA 7VA for one, we can do without more of these we want better proformance and stability dont you think guys.

Comment

p.s. request granted, tag given

Comment

Budget?? Jesus the awesome Nforce2 mobos are dirt cheap, almost for free!
                      Why would anyone ever wanna get anything from Via these days.. :?:

Damn the Nforce2 nearly blow my friggin' pants of..!! For like $100 lol..

Even though I'm sure it can be a solid platform like Wiggo indicated I just don't see the point with Nforce prices like this.. :shrug:

Comment

But the nForce mobo I'd have gone with wasn't available at the time...I've never had problems I could directly point to a Via chipset. Yes, the KT400/A is slower than the nForce 2, but in actual use, can you really tell a difference? I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                        X