X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using AudioGalaxy? must read!

Ok gang,
    I'm not using this program, never have.
    For those of you who do, check this article. This is information you need to know about.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...9960%2C00.html
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

don't you just love spyware? I installed AG a long time ago, noticed that it had something like that (I think it was webhancer back then) so i got rid of the whole thing straight away..

gimme morpheus any ol' day..

Comment

You've got a keen eye Beefy:thumb:

I just want to make sure anyone here using AG is aware, the article links to a fix for the spyware too.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

my fire wall picks up the *.exe and blockes it, then traces it
        wanna know the ip addy of the main server?
        TT Original

Comment

yes pls :)
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

sorry thats not 4 me to tell
            get it yourself :p
            TT Original

Comment

Yeah I posted a couple of very similar reports a couple of weeks ago in the web news. :smokin:
              <center> </center>

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                don't you just love spyware? I installed AG a long time ago, noticed that it had something like that (I think it was webhancer back then) so i got rid of the whole thing straight away..

gimme morpheus any ol' day..
                wehancer, gator and something else they've always put spyware on your PC. I'm pretty sure Morpheus has a backdoor or some spyware thats hidden. its really a modified version of kazaa which is a known spyware distributor..

http://www.zeropaid.com/morpheus/

Comment

Hmmmm I use AudioGalaxy, but an older version that didn't seem to be affected - I ran the spyware utility and didn't find anything :confused:
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Spyware is becoming common practise now, maybe we have to start getting used to it... :?:

Comment

Only if you feel compelled to use it.

Comment

or too block it :)
                        TT Original

Comment

Mr.C, well in that case YES, I'd have to say I'm still prepared to use Audio Galaxy because I think it's sucha great product, just maybe the production team behind it doesn't have their head screwed on quite properly.

Comment

Well they do have to make a quid somehow, and those spyware companies pay them big $$$ to include their "product" inside their software
                            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Not criticizing or anything now mind you.

But I have put up with spyware on a limited basis in order to resume DL'ing some rather large files.

I can honestly say that I would not find this acceptable behaviour from any other products within my household, and strange that I have actually accepted it out of necessity from software.

For instance -- I would be rather hesitant to own a refrigerator that reported to the grocer what brands/products I place inside. Or to drive a car that transmitted what brands of petrol, oil, and tires I placed in or on it.

Sometimes I hardly understand my own behaviours/motivations.

Comment

Working...
                              X