No announcement yet.

Car Audio Situation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just spent $850AUD on a new amp (was reduced $400) only to find out it was dead after spending 5hrs installing it cleanly.

not happy

waiting for a phone call saying when my new one is ready to be picked up.

Its a bit of a rarity in AUS, took me a while to find one.

Clarion DPX-1001.2

mmmmm 1000wRMS@ 2Ohms :lips:
    TT Original

Comment

ahhh yes

chicks and 33hz

it works...... if you play it for long enough with out them leaving your car

takes about 45-50 secs for it to start kicking in, with a 15" its usually quicker.

Hmmmmm.... I've got a 15" 500watt (continuous) Definitive Technology home theater sub in my room here, which feels a lot like when I had 2x 12" Kicker Solobarics with a 400watt Hot Setup (Orion) amp in my Jetta (85 GLI Wolfsburg Edt). I am thinking that I could prolly generate the same effect, and, BONUS... my bed would be within falling distance. :devil:

Oh, the ideas I am having. ;)

As for the car audio thread, I had my Jetta dialed in nice, I traded the 2x 12's out for 1x 12" Fozgate on the same amp, I lost a little "boomy" and gained a lot of "punch" which was the hope. I had 5.25" Fozgate seperates in the rear deck, 4" Orion's in the door and Stillwater (Kicker) tweets in the dash all being driven at 1.5 OHMs by Sony (yes, a sony at 1.5 OHMs believe it or don't) 4 channel 70x4watt amp. It was "somethin to listen to" according to my friends. I used to listen to Fluke "Risotto" and Crystal Method "Vegas" a lot on that system, it was so fun! :)

I have a 93 Dodge Stealth ES now, with a pretty nice setup, but no quite the caliber of the previous one. I have two small amps (MTX Blue Thunder Pro and a Clarion......something) with an 8" self powered Bazooka sub. I got a sweet MP3 player for the head unit though, a Pioneer DEH8400MP, it's very cool looking and sounds amazing. Well, here I go, babbling away at the digital prophet, again. To answer the original question, again, I think you'll be just fine. 14.4 volts is about what most modern car alternators put out, so I think you're good to go!! :)

A pic of the Pioneer:

Comment

Has anyone personally owned or used Alpine headunits here or is there any other brands I should look at?

Don't want to spend anymore than $1000 AU ($500 US) for a head unit.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

TT Original

Comment

TT Original

Comment

Has anyone personally owned or used Alpine headunits here or is there any other brands I should look at?

Don't want to spend anymore than 00 AU (0 US) for a head unit.
              I've never owned one, but my friend has the Alpine MP3 player and likes it a lot. I think they are too exprensive for what you get, personally. I got my Pioneer for $350 using www.pricegrabber.com to find the lowest cost. I would search for the Alpine head unit you like using that engine. :)

Comment

Working...
              X