• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like i was beaten to this one...

damn.
    car audio is something i'm good at.

i love my lil set up....
    its loud..... crisp and clean...

they way music should be....... and since it cost me about $2k you would sorta hope so.....

in my 'lil laser hatch i have

Clarion H/u
    Rear: Kenwood 7x10" 80wRMS 320 Peak
    Amp: Kenwood 4x50wRMS@ 2x50 +1x200@2Ohm
    Sub: Kenwood 12" DVC 300Wrms PVC. 1200Wmax.
    Fronts: Kenwood 5.25" splits 60wRMS (off H/u)

Getting for SPL car:
    Cheapo H/u
    Beyond Audio InHuman 15"
    Amps: 4x 1200WRMS Monoblocks.... (around 5000wMax)
    Batteries: 4x 1500 Odyssey's (30kg's each)
    TT Original

Comment

Cerwin Vega is the choise for MAX spl (sound pressure level) in a car or a house.
      And my choise for amplifier is Phoenix Gold.

I have used the vega line series that performs to the extreme but don't cost to mutch. The more expensiver stroker series is just insane, ever been in a car with a hard working 15" stroker element or a 18"... :?:

They make your heart beet simultaneous with the music beats.
      Not to good for the health though...

Comment

EXACTLY. I have a friend with a 15" stroker and a 2200 watt (not sure on the wattage) Phoenix Gold. ITs INSANE. She loves it. I think she keeps it for certain sexual pleasures. :eek:

Comment

ahhh yes

chicks and 33hz

it works...... if you play it for long enough with out them leaving your car

takes about 45-50 secs for it to start kicking in, with a 15" its usually quicker.

make sure you supply them with ear plugs or something similar......... they have a tendency to pull their fingers out of their ears after about 2mins...
          TT Original

Comment

nice... didnt know it was exactly 33hz... i should get that frquency on cd...

Comment

it varies from person to person

i have a sine wave that alternates between 31 and 35 hz over 45secs and just keeps going like that for about 10mins.

it also realy depends on your car as well. Some cars just dont "do it." not sure why. Commodores vl->Vx doesnt appear to have any effect at all.

ford laser hatchbacks :thumb:
              TT Original

Comment

Ford Laser = Ford Focus, right?

Comment

Nope as a Ford Laser is a Mazda 323. ;)

Comment

olie you'd be talking about the resonance of the vehicle, lol

im thinkin of fittin my VL with some better sound equipment, hunting round for ideas/suggetions atm, but when i get the rolling bass happening, i'll let you know what the "sweet-spot" is on the VL ;)

Comment

Sweet, a car audio thread... :woot:

In the next couple of weeks I am going to get a new system for my car. Right now it has a crappy Panasonic setup with 8 CD stacker.

Seriously looking at going with an Alpine 60x4 head unit and Boston Acoustics 12" 1000 peak wattage sub woofer, amp and Boustin 50 RMS speakers.

Been assured this will be a gutsy system, will be using Compeitor series products from Boston - what do you people think? They are asking for $2300 AU (about $1200 US) all up, whereas they reckon it would normally cost $2800 AU.
                      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Im not quite sure about current pricing on Boston stuff, but i do know its not cheap, and i do know if your going for a good audio system Boston is the flat out best speaker company in the world. As far as loudest, i believe there are a handful of others that can pump out high Db, low Hz speakers. But for a real all around badass stereo, Boston has been rated higher than Bose in many of the articles ive read, and from many of the car audio nuts ive talked to. Boston would be a great choice, and as much as they arent known for ball-crunching subs, i would tend to think a 1000 Watt sub from them isnt going to be a bad choice for any setup. Try to get Boston Mid's and Hi's aswell, coupled with an Amp they recommend. As far as the Alpine, there are "good for the money" Alpines, and then there are "why the hell would you spend that much on a Head Unit" Alpines. Throw up the link, id like to see which of the Alpines other ppl like (They are all great Units, im just not a fan of the way half of them look)

Comment

I got a Alpine 7893r head unit:

Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

:woot:
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Although I am half thinking about buying one of these purely for the fact they look better.

CDA-7894RB Bass Engine Plus CD Player/MP3 Player/Receiver

The CDA-7894RB is an ultra high quality CD/Receiver that features Bass Engine technologies for sophisticated sound shaping and powerful MediaXpander that regenerates harmonics lost in compression from digital recordings such as MP3. The 60Watts x 4 amplifier, three RCA pre-outs and MP3 compatibility makes this unit a perfect foundation for a premium extended sound system.
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Nice radio...but going by just looks i perfer....the second one.
                                - Damien

Comment

Working...
                                X