Dvd Players & Their Cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvd Players & Their Cache

Hi, i'm wondering if 512 kb cache over 256 on a ide dvd rom does any difference at all? It feels like it could be better with a greater amount of cache when copying important and sensitive data sutch as high quality movies etc. Specially if i want to use the comp to other things while copying. Or am i wrong? :rolleyes2

Just ordered this player:

SAMSUNG DVD-ROM 16X/48X IDE BLACK
    512 KB CACHE
    AVERAGE DVD SEARCH 100 MS
    ACOUSTIC NOISE REDUCTION SYSTEM
    AUTOMATIC BALL BALANCING SYSTEM

cache is only really important on CDRW or DVD writers that is if you do differnt things and burn at the same time. As far as reading CDs goes its not that big of a deal but if you dont have much ram/slow hdd/slow cpu/slow cables:laugh: and want to do many other things while reading then go for more cash i mean cache since the cache will fill up (fast) only when the computer cannot handle reading/copying the amount of data, on another note if your computer cannot handle the amount of data it gives it ussually what will happen is it will start reading less or will read the CD at a slower speed ussually this is 1/2 of max speed. so its really your choice if the 512k drive is way more then the 256 one then I personally would not buy it but its your decision... or i would buy it cause its a cool back color :laugh:

Comment

Ok, thx for the info. The price 256 vs 512 was no different i just wanted some info on this.

:)

Comment

Working...
      X