Tivo Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Service

What's everyone's opinion on the Philips DVR with the TiVo service combined with digital cable?
    Yes TiVo is great.
    0%
    TiVo is good but not combined with Cable.
    0%
    Get a better VCR.
    0%
    What's DVR and TiVo?
    0%

WTF is tivo?
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Thermally integrated Vaginal Oscillator

Comment

Something i found last year when a friend wanted to figure a way to add a bigger harddrive to his TiVo.

http://www.tivofaq.com/hack/

It works nicely. We upgraded his 30 hour model to around a 100 hours by adding a 60 gig drive. :D

Comment

Originally posted by skullshot
          Thermally integrated Vaginal Oscillator

sounds interesting
          TT Original

Comment

To let everyone know what TiVo is, TiVo is a service that allows users to pause, record, fastforward, rewind live TV, Sat., Cable, etc...Philips, Sony, GE and the other big boys in electronics make DVRs ( Digital Video Recorders) that instead of recording to a tape allows you to record to a harddrive in the DVR unit. TiVo combined with a DVR unit lets you control every aspect of your TV experience

Comment

OK - I had never heard of it either, to me it sounds just like digital TV which we have in Australia, it's only be active for 20 days though!

Comment

Yes Mr. Tweak it is Digital TV but you can record it and fast forward etc... So is it worth it over there cause it is fairly new here still also

Comment

Does it cost anything over there? I'm pretty certain here all you have to do here is buy a new TV capable of the new digital signal or get an adapter for your existing TV.

Comment

yes it does cost here, it is 9 dollars a month or 250 dollars lifetime

Comment

/olie packs up his gear and moves to the US
                      TT Original

Comment

hehe not too fast ollie my man, you still have to pay for digital cable to go with that. That will run about 30-70 US dollars per month

Comment

You can get this in Canada via satellite - the service is still $10 - 65 cdn - but the unit itself is $500+cdn

Comment

that is the same prices as we have here it sounds like

Comment

Pretty sure Digital TV in Australia is free... :?:

Comment

Working...
                              X