Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audigy + headphone jack?

Hey,

I'm sure this has been done before, but i sure as hell cant find any info on it, soo...

Ok, I have a Audigy MP3+. It has a meelion little pins to attach a live drive to it, even though i dont have one. What I want is to hook up a headphone jack that i can mod into my case. I figure, since the live drive has one, 2(?) of those pins must be the headphone jack. Anyone know if this is right, and then which ones? Oh, and if this does work, would the main speakers mute when I plug inthe headphones?

<cross fingers>

Hopefully this is the right forum this time :afro:

I'm not going to be much help, as I have never used a Creative product.

But I would like to suggest that you are actually looking for 3 pins in all likelyhood, right - left & ground.

I wouldn't think it would mute the speakers, is that controlled by software perhaps on that soundcard?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
      I'm not going to be much help, as I have never used a Creative product.
      Never ever? Not even an original SB pci? Wowwww... Allthough my next soundcard will prolly not be a Creative. They just take a good card and dump crappy drivers and too much crappy software on it.

As for the 3 pins.. hmmm, you're prolly right. It's just that you allways seem the little mini plugs with 2 wires runnin off em... So anyone know where they are?

Comment

when i get home ill look at the manual and help u out here since I do have the Audigy Drive

andyes it automatically mutes the speakers when you plug in the mic.....BUT....that is software controlled so you can still have it unmuted and hear out of both of them. The default I believe is to mute it....however since u dont have the software installed I dunno if it will work out this way.

Comment

Hmm. Thanks, I'll be waiting... Does the live drive have a pcb with chips and stuff in it, or just a box to make the wires more manageable?

And I'm not gonna fok up my card doin this am I?

Comment

Originally posted by kepplah
            Hmm. Thanks, I'll be waiting... Does the live drive have a pcb with chips and stuff in it, or just a box to make the wires more manageable?

And I'm not gonna fok up my card doin this am I?
            yeah the drive has pcb with chips and stuff its not just a box with cables and adapters. Essentially that is what it is but it does have circuitboards.

okay , sorry for the tardiness i partially forgot and was too busy to remember (college yeah yeah yeah) so anyway the manual has no diagram of the backside of the drive.....will have ot look at creative's website.....

as for messing up ur card it *might*.....

Comment

Working...
            X