• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD based rig freezes after sleep

Hi

My rig:

A10-7850K
    msi r9 270X 4G
    ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer board (latest 1.90 bios)

So even after a clean windows 8.1 install (default BIOS settings, installed driver order: lan, sound, gpu (14.4), usb3), then updated all important windows updates and I still get the same problem.

When I wake PC up from sleep, start a game, my PC freezes within a minute or so. It makes that very annoying freeze sound. Have to use reset button.

PC wakes up fine without dGPU using only iGPU. Is this a driver conflict between r7 series iGPU and dGPU or is dGPU faulty? I have not tried to put them in CF either, default settings all-around.

The first reliability report (linked below) is before doing a clean install (again), the second is after.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xkukmOB.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	756290
    Last edited by pidgin; 06-10-2014, 09:24 AM.

Re: AMD based rig freezes after sleep

You have a very similar setup to what I'm helping put together for a family member starting tomorrow. Have you found anything else out regarding this problem? There won't be a dedicated GPU in the system I'm building though (at least initially), so hopefully we'll never see the same issue you are seeing.

Comment

Re: AMD based rig freezes after sleep

Originally posted by vuldin View Post
      You have a very similar setup to what I'm helping put together for a family member starting tomorrow. Have you found anything else out regarding this problem? There won't be a dedicated GPU in the system I'm building though (at least initially), so hopefully we'll never see the same issue you are seeing.
      Nope, I already ordered a new mobo+intel cpu to figure out if the integrated R7 graphics and R9 270X are simply not working well in harmony because of drivers(not crossfire) or gpu is faulty.

Either way I am getting rid of this mobo+cpu and possibly GPU and never return to AMD

Comment

Working...
      X