X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant use my HDTV as sole monitor via HDMI

Hello.

My specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 560 (unlocked to x4)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 1.x)
    RAM: 4GB 1600MHz
    Monitor: Toshiba 24HV10E 24" HDTV Toshiba - 24HV10E - 24 inch REGZA FULL HD LCD TV | TV - LCD TV - Toshiba Malaysia

I have a Toshiba 24HV10E 24" HDTV and I wish to use it as my sole monitor using HDMI. My motherboard has an HDMI port with integrated HD 4250 graphics. When I use the VGA monitor, I get the display BUT when using HDMI then I don't. I tried using the VGA monitor and then extended the desktop and that didn't work. The only option that worked was duplicate the desktop. But then it works to the maximum resolution of the VGA monitor of 1280x1024.

After setting duplicate, I thought that now since it's working, I removed the VGA monitor. But then the HDMI doesn't work. But if I connect the VGA along with HDMI then it works. But it only works WHEN windows has loaded. That is it doesn't show the BIOS, POSTing and loading windows screen. It starts with the welcome screen. But the VGA shows everything.

I tried running the HDTV before booting the system. Running the monitor AFTER the system has completed booting. Unpluging and replugging the HDMI cable. But still can't use the HDTV as a sole monitor. I works only alongside with VGA monitor and only in duplicate desktop settings with max 1280x1024 resolution.

Kindly help with a solution.
Working...
X